The Hurt Locker
June 25, 2018
Namah Te dear All,
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
“Sandalwood, when put in water and allowed to remain in it for a long time, emanates an obnoxious odour from the rotting wood. Ordinarily, it has the most divine fragrance (divyavasana). But when it remains in contact with water for a long time, it starts stinking. If the wood is taken out and rubbed against the stone, the fragrance slowly emerges to waft pleasant satisfaction to all.
Similarly, even though you are the Atman, because of your identification with the body, the stink of your vasanas is coming out at the moment. Lust, anger, greed, etc. contribute their stink at all times. Love, mercy and kindness have no accommodation in the heart. To gain its original status, the personality needs a little ‘rubbing’. It should be rubbed against greater knowledge in meditation. The filth and the stink will go away and one’s real nature will then be revealed.
By rubbing, we are not giving the smell to the sandalwood. Its fragrance is already in it. It was not available; that is all. Similarly, divinity is not to be given to you from somewhere else. The Upanishad thunders: That Thou Art.” ~ Swami Chinmayananda
How many of us feel the sacred words we read are real? How many of us keep a subjective science subjective? How many of us are solely living for Peace? 1 in a 1,000,000?? Why??? Layers and layers and layers of conditionings. Let us dig up these layers with the shovel that is our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (June 25, 2018) — — The Hurt Locker
- The Yoga Sutras of Rishi Patanjali share the pancha klesha-s (five poisons) have infected our faith in the Self — the Self is Infinite, is Beyond, is Untouchable and only authoritative knowledge of limitations will free us from limitations
- avidya (amnesia) — ignorance has become a theory not reality, the ramification being we feel the same about knowledge — ignorance is ignoring the Absolute on account of being busy with the relative
- asmita (arrogance) — the nature of the relative is separation and the nature of separation is competition (a-smita) — all of creation is drawn to Oneness (i.e. in sleep, in nature, etc.) for their is cheer (smita)
- raga (attachment) — ignoring we are already naturally Complete, projecting we need to find Completeness, we attach ourselves to articles-beings-circumstances feeling these will be the source of our Completeness — attachment is ever about getting, Love is ever about giving and to describe attachment as Love is lying
- dvesha (aversion) — in separation we do not project Completeness on all articles-beings-circumstances for if we did, this would be the experience of Oneness — the facets of creation we do not want-like-respect, shockingly live in our minds in the form of jealousy-resentment-revenge, more than facets of creation we do want-like-respect
- abhinivesha (anxiety) — attachment causes anxiety and anxiety causes anger — all is always changing, remembering (vidya) which we live independently, purging all poisons