June 26, 2017
The only certainty is uncertainty. What a frightening truth!
That is, for those who make uncertainty the truth.
Shrimad Bhagavad Gita is a word painting of those who make Certainty the Truth. Let us study this art with our E-Vichara…
- What is changing — if one reflects on this simple question, one understands names and forms are changing, empowering one to appreciate Existence and Awareness are Unchanging
- tulya priya apriya is being balanced with the pleasant and unpleasant, at the physical level — reflecting on what the body goes through, nay what the body is, one does not take happenings at the physical level seriously
- tulya stuti ninda is being balanced with praise and criticism, at the mental level — reflecting on the rabid nature of the mind, one knows one cannot keep up with the mind and so one just watches the mind
- tulya mana apamana is being balanced in honour and dishonour, at the intellectual level — reflecting on how the ego depends on becoming different from other egos, the ego judges and feels judged, logically nullifying any validity to such judgements
- tulya mitra ari is being balanced with friend and foe, at a comprehensive level — reflecting on how working with people is the most difficult facet of living and so the most complete sadhana, one feels the sense to forgive and be forgiven as conflict is inevitable
- What is balance — balance is a pursuit for those who live in separation, balance is not possible for those who live in Oneness