Unlearning to Learn
June 11, 2018
Namah Te from Boston!
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!
One day Bhagavan Rama and Shri Lakshmana were enjoying the nature of Panchavati. Shri Lakshmana, sensitive to not waste time, asked Bhagavan Rama 5 questions on Life and living. These answers form Rama Gita. How we can subjectify these answers forms our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (June 11, 2018) — — Unlearning to Learn
- Before Bhagavan Rama answers Shri Lakshmana’s questions, He educates him that a faith as strong as a banyan is needed to internalize His answers — reflection is the means to evolve from a belief in to a faith in sat (infinity), shastra (scripture), sadguru (guide), sva (potential), sadhana (growth)
- Q: What is maya? A: Separation — illusion is a force that makes us feel ‘I’ is an individual not the Infinite hence we need to unlearn I is the body
- Q: What is jnana? A: Unity — knowledge is a subject that makes us quieter, makes us feel equality hence we need to unlearn comparing is natural
- Q: What is vairagya? A: Contentment — independence is a virtue that makes us understand pleasure-possession-position is worth a blade of grass hence we need to unlearn depending on others
- Q: What is ishvara? A: Controller — God is a presence that makes us/creation and is never limited by us/creation hence we need to unlearn I am in control
- Q: What is bhakti? A: Depending — devotion is a discipline that makes us live to please God, evolving to depending on God hence we need to unlearn dedication is weakness