The essential teaching
Upadesha Sara, by the great sage Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi, is one of the most popular texts of Vedanta. Throughout 30 short verses, this text reveals to us the highest knowledge of Vedanta in a simple and beautiful way. The author talks about the four main paths of spiritual sadhanas, in the forms of Action (Karma Yoga), Devotion (Bhakti Yoga), Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga) and Knowledge (Jnana Yoga) and expounds upon the ultimate goal of Realization through all. Through introspection, we begin to find meaning in our life and we become productive. This clarity in understanding purpose through introspection is essential for a seeker to progress on the spiritual path. Swami Tejomayananda’s commentary further simplifies the profound meaning of the text and brings out its essence in a very appealing way.
Schedule : Thursdays, 7:30 pm — 9:00 pm EST, starting September 2018
Course Coordinators — please record you group’s attendance — presence or absence : https://tinyurl.com/VGAttendance-2018
Class Details for Registered Groups:
Course coordinators of all registered groups should have received an email from Acharya Vivek with the Zoom Class Code and Attendance link. If your group has registered and did not receive this email — please check spam and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be part of this course, you need to be a group of at least 4 members. Once you have the 4 members, kindly submit your registration in the form below (please scroll down).
— Class commencing September 6, 2018
— a group study for a minimum of 4 students
— registration will close after the first 40 Study Groups sign up
- Groups who have been given permission by their local Centre can be part of our Course
- Any Group who had registered for the Atma Bodha Course must have attended 80% of Classes (~ 24 of 30) to be part of our Course
- Groups need a minimum 4 students to be part of our Course — — anyone high school aged and older can be part of a Group
- Groups need to have their audio and video working and on — — everyone seeing everyone is inspiring and creates a sense of equality
- Every student should have their own copy of the text — — by reading ahead and making notes mananam is encouraged
- Pets, laptops, tablets, phones, eating, any potential distraction will not be accepted — — to engage in a subjective science demands a higher dimension of focus
- The only connection to the Class should be through our Coordinator/me via Zoom — — alternative connections are lower in quality and lower the incentive to attend the class live
- The only condition for which a Class can be recorded is if the student does so while present in Class and does not share this with anyone — — to study a subjective science, context is important and shared recordings does not account for this
- If a student misses a Class, the content is still in the text — — request other students to make notes for you
- An online form will be created whereby Groups can submit their questions and when/why they will be absent — — receiving personal emails about the same is too demanding for me to absorb
- 2 Coordinators are required for each Group — — the Coordinators are not be family members
- Coordinators discuss these disciplines with your Group — — clarity creates conviction and conviction creates confidence