This page consists of the resources I have relied on most to overcome anxiety.
Note: This page does not include affiliate links. I recommend resources I believe in because I’ve used them.
Grace to Live Empowerment Program was created by my dear friend and fellow Candid Gal, Dr Stephanie Carter. It is 15-Week Life coaching course designed to help women be free from negative circumstances of life, find their WHY and heal from the pain of the past.
I was Stephanie’s first virtual client. You can read more about my life-changing experience with Stephanie at Learn the Tools to Heal: Grace to Live Coaching.
- Joyce Meyer is the founder of Joyce Meyer Ministries, a Christian non-profit organization based in Fenton, Missouri. They “present a creative and relevant message of Christ and His love for people worldwide using the most powerful forms of media and communications available, as well as the development and distribution of practical teaching resources.” I love listening to Joyce Meyer because she is very practical. I felt the call to write for Jesus during a Joyce Meyer conference in Minneapolis in 2017. JoyceMeyer.org
- John & Matthew Hagee at the Senior and Lead Pastors at Cornerstone Church in San Antonia, Texas. Pastor John Hagee also founded John Hagee Ministries, where they pledge to their viewers & supporters to take “All the Gospel to all the world and to all generations.” I love listening to them because their timeless, no-nonsense perspective keeps me grounded. SACornerstone.org JHM.org
- Steven Furtick is the Senior Pastor at Elevation Church based out of Matthews, North Carolina. Elevation Church “exists so that people far from God will be raised to life in Christ.” I love Pastor Furtick’s sermons because he has so much energy. He unique perspective pushes me to change my behavior according to Scripture. ElevationChurch.org
- Bil Cornelius is the Senior Pastor at Church Unlimited in Corpus Christi, Texas. The church’s mission is “to take as many people to Heaven as we can before we die. Period.” His sermons are very practical and relate-able. I love it at the end of every sermon when he says “Isn’t God good? His Word is so true!” ChurchUnlimited.com
AnxietyCentre.com is “ an organization dedicated to helping people overcome anxiety disorder, as well as a number of other mental health challenges, including stress disorder, sleep problems (insomnia), and depressive disorder, as well as addictions, personal development, and interpersonal relationship challenges.” The site includes comprehensive information about anxiety symptoms, tests, and treatments, as well as access to trained therapists who have also overcome crippling anxiety. It was founded by Jim Folk after he suffered from debilitating anxiety for 12 years. His recovery began with a prayer and a desperate cry to God.
AnxietyCentre.com was instrumental in helping me recover from anxiety. I paid for a 1-year membership for access to their endless volumes of information, and I focused on the mind-body connection. Understanding the biological cycle of anxiety empowered me to take control of physical symptoms so I then had more energy to take my thoughts captive.
AnxietyResourceCenter.org has many helpful links to resources about anxiety.
- Grace to Live, Quiet Conversations, and Tomorrow is Not Promised by Stephanie M Carter
- Candid Conversations, Christmas is Coming, and Christmas Hearts by Heather Hart
- Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest by Edward T Welch
- Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship by Jack Frost
- I’ve read many books by Joyce Meyer. My #1 favorite Scripture handbook and special little treasure is “The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word” in the purple imitation leather. I also loved Battlefield of the Mind, The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word, Knowing God Intimately, The Mind Connection, and The Confident Mom.
- Overcoming Emotions that Destroy by Chip Ingram and Becca Johnson. I wrote about how much it helped me in a post on Candidly Christian called Confessions of a Christian with Anger Issues.
- Marriage on The Rock by Jimmy Evans
- The Meal that Heals by Perry Stone
- The 5 Love Languages and God Speaks Your Love Language by Gary Chapman
Bible Apps & Websites
Read the Bible Online
Listen to the Bible Online
Bible Study Online
Free Bible Apps (Read, Listen, Study)