On Aug 27th, 2019, we launched https://videocoin.network which accepts VID tokens to perform livestreaming of real video streams on the VideoCoin Network.
You can sign up for an account here https://studio.videocoin.network to start using VID to livestream content from Cameras (GoPro, Live Planet, Mevo and many others), desktop game streaming (OBS Software) and feed any supported RTMP stream and convert it to an HLS livestream.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to do that with a GoPro HERO7.
Livestreaming with a GoPro HERO7 over the VideoCoin Network showcases the capabilities of blockchain video delivery as an alternative to traditional cloud-based solutions. To the audience, the viewing experience never changes, they receive a video in a familiar online player format. The big difference is the vehicle on which the livestream is distributed, the VideoCoin Network. The GoPro HERO7 allows users to stream to an RTMP server that allows for easy integration with the VideoCoin Network.
This guide walks you through the steps of creating a video pipeline in the Publisher Studio, setting up your GoPro to livestream and how to use a sharable link to view the livestream in real-time.
Setup Video Pipeline in VideoCoin Publisher Studio and Obtain RTMP URL and Stream Key
Check out this getting started tutorial to generate your RTMP URL and Stream Key.
Once you have the URL and Stream Key, you can set up your GoPro for livestreaming.
Configure GoPro App To Send RTMP
- Download and install the GoPro app on your Android or iPhone device. Streaming from a GoPro HERO7 needs to be set up using the GoPro App. After downloading the app you’ll be prompted to connect your GoPro HERO7. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the GoPro App to your GoPro HERO7 before moving to the next step.
- In the GoPro App select your GoPro HERO7 to enter preview mode. Swipe left on the menu icons and select Live. Note: Your Bluetooth needs to be turned on in your mobile device.
- Tap the Facebook icon to change your platform and select Other.
- Tap Set Up Live, and paste your entire Ingest URL in the Enter your RTMP URL section.
- Choose your preferred resolution, 480 or 720.
- (optional)Choose your save settings. You can save a high-res version of your livestream to your SD card on the GoPro HERO7.
- Tap Set Up Livestream or press the Shutter button to start the stream.
- Tap Go Live.
You’re now streaming to the VideoCoin Network. Congratulations!
View the Livestream
- In Publisher Studio, Ingest status will change to Receiving.
- You can preview your stream in the player within the Livestream page.
- Your livestream is successful when you see the Output URL, a preview image and information displayed in Protocol Events.
- The URL in the Output can be shared for others to view, just like a YouTube live video. You can use this URL to view the livestream in a browser or VLC Player.
You now have successfully streamed your GoPro HERO7 over the VideoCoin Network.
Stay tuned for more great tutorials.