After nearly a year of research and development, we have reached a very important milestone in our journey towards revolutionizing the way video is encoded, stored and distributed.
VideoCoin Network in now in private αlpha! We are accepting a select few developers and users to join and test our network with us. You can apply for access here.
This news comes on the heels of the debut of the Live Planet VR System, which will be the first major use-case running on top of the VideoCoin Network. Live Planet partnered with the VideoCoin Network as the first pilot implementation to harness the power of blockchain to make 4K stereoscopic 3D video cloud processing more efficient and secure. In addition to Live Planet, the VideoCoin Network is now accepting a select few partners to join the Alpha program.
This release consists a long list of components that form this complex system
VideoCoin αlpha software components
- VideoCoin Protocol — Updated video streaming protocol
- VideoCoin Symphony — Scalable Blockchain Infrastructure which lets you access the network using RPC.
- go-videocoin — Go Implementation of the VideoCoin protocol, supporting transcode miners and verifier nodes
- VideoCoin Chords — Desktop Wallet App — Visual Interface to the VideoCoin Network
- VideoCoin CLI — Command Line Interface to miners
- VideoCoin Mining Authority — Signup to become a VideoCoin miner
- VideoCoin Score Sheet — Block Explorer
- VideoCoin Faucet
We’ve also made tremendous progress on protocol research and development. The following are some of the important areas of advance
VideoCoin αlpha Research Updates
- Scaling VideoCoin Verifiers using zk-SNARKs
- Mining VideoCoin an CPU vs. GPU
VideoCoin is built by a global distributed team of awesome engineers and in true asynchronous team style, we will be posting multiple demos and talks highlighting αlpha progress in the following schedule
VideoCoin αlpha Demo Schedule
- End-to-end System Demo — By Dmitry Serkin, Earl Huskey and Devadutta Ghat — Demonstrates end to end use of the VideoCoin Network with three use-cases — January 31st (enclosed in this post below)
- Scalable Blockchain Infrastructure Demo — By Ricardo Geraldes, Jonathan Gimeno, Adrian Hetman and Devadutta Ghat — February 1st
- VideoCoin Protocol Deep Dive — By Lucian Rosu, Earl Huskey, Omer Khan, Adrian Hetman and Devadutta Ghat — February 4th
- Mining VideoCoin — GPUs, CPUs and other interesting findings — By Ram Penke and Devadutta Ghat — February 5th
- Scaling VideoCoin Verifiers with zk-SNARKs — By Ram Penke, Taras Shchybovyk and Devadutta Ghat — February 6th
- Roadmap update and Meet the team — By everyone — After all this long and hard work, meet the engineers, designers, recruiters and staff that make VideoCoin Network a reality — February 7th
Lets start thing off with the first demo!
End-to-end System Demo
By Dmitry Serkin, Earl Huskey and Devadutta Ghat
This first demo shows the end-to-end usability of the VideoCoin Network. Presented by our engineers, this video shows three main and very popular use-cases for live streaming
- 4K Live Streaming — Extremely demanding bandwidth and latency requirements
- Frame Buffer Streaming(a.k.a. Video Game Streaming) — Stream what you are seeing on your desktop for Twitch like game streaming use-cases
- Video Logging — Popular use-case where podcasters broadcast live to their audience
This video uses (and thus demonstrates) the following components of the VideoCoin Network
- VideoCoin Mining Authority
- VideoCoin Chords Desktop Wallet
- VideoCoin Symphony
- VideoCoin Protocol
Hope you enjoyed our video in this series of videos that will showcase VideoCoin Alpha!