Across the globe, innovators continue pushing the boundaries of blockchain technology, pressing on in the face of challenges, while discussion continues among regulators, policymakers and financial institutions at the highest levels. The current market environment highlights the need for projects to make real progress, both in the crypto world and more importantly outside of it, if they are to be recognized.
In this vein, we have had a super exciting month and we’d like to provide you with a recap of VideoCoin advancements through this summer 2019 and give you an idea of what you can expect for the rest of the year.
Successful Product Release
The journey of disrupting the world of video and streaming, a medium that makes up 80% of all internet traffic and with it disrupting a host of large inefficient incumbents, can be likened to climbing one of the most challenging and rewarding conquests in the world, Mt Everest.
Such a conquest requires careful planning and ensuring that you achieve several key milestones along the way. Our technological milestones are listed below but these are not the only milestones we are tracking.
After 18 months of development, we launched VideoCoin Network on August 27th!
On this day:
- VID tokens were distributed, which can be used to livestream video on VideoCoin.Network
- VideoCoin Network Studio was released, which now lets users create and manage RTMP->HLS Livestream video pipelines with VideoCoin Studio
- VideoCoin protocol v0.0.3 was released
- New VideoCoin Wallet interface was released in VideoCoin Studio
- Workers were brought on to the network to perform decentralized video streaming powered by a pHash based Proof of Transcoding
Use-cases and Demos
The launch of the tech was a key milestone but we are way more excited by the real-world use cases and the disruption VideoCoin will cause to the centralized incumbents.
To take the VideoCoin Network to the next level, we must give the VideoCoin community the tools to innovate and build upon our foundation. In the last month, we unveiled an array of products and tools including:
- How to Livestream with the GoPro HERO7 on the VideoCoin Network
- Live-streaming on the VideoCoin Network using OBS
- Getting started with the VideoCoin Publisher Studio
Staggering Interest From Developers
As a testament to the magnitude of the industry we are disrupting and the technology we have introduced, we have been overwhelmed with developer interest. Just in the last month:
- 400+ Developers have signed up to develop on the VideoCoin Network
- 200+ Worker node applications have been received
We are extremely excited by this metric as it validates our assumptions that we built a truly decentralized network with economics that are appealing to the decentralized development community.
If you’re a developer, sign up here.
Token Availability on Public Markets
VideoCoin Token (VID) is now available on public markets
VideoCoin Token (VID) is now listed on:
Blockchain VR Network (BVRN)
At the convergence of blockchain and VR, we launched the world’s first blockchain VR network. This network allows content creators to leverage cutting-edge immersive media technologies to engage new and existing audiences at a deeper level. Already:
- Seven high profile creators have signed on to create content, including Bad Crypto Podcast, BLOCKTV, Boxmining, CoinCentral, Crypto Trader, Decentralized Films and YEN.io with more coming soon
- See Michael Gu’s Boxmining channel here
- Check out VideoCoin’s very own channel here
Latest VideoCoin Media Coverage
CoinCentral.com: Halsey Minor’s VideoCoin is Coming for a $30 Billion Industry — By Alex Moskov, August 28, 2019
Blockchain News: VideoCoin Network Goes Live — By Richard Kastelein, August 27, 2019
Wolf Crypto: VideoCoin AMA with Wolf Crypto — August 23, 2019
Bad Crypto Podcast: Virtual Reality with Halsey Minor’s Live Planet — By Travis and Joel: August 19, 2019
HackerNoon: How Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) Can Utilize DLT to Disrupt the Internet — By Arvin Nathan, August 15, 2019
What to Expect in Q4 2019
Just like the early internet, there will be cycles of cynicism and great innovation. When it comes to VideoCoin, we have a very clear path toward creating a real business at scale all built on top of a novel staking model.
The following are upcoming.
- Tech demo and AMA on Sep 24th, 2019
- Halsey Minor Community AMA on Oct 8th.
- Halsey Minor will present at Web Summit in Lisbon Nov. 4–7th.
- VideoCoin Network Kilimanjaro Release Nov. 27th.
- and more!
With each significant step forward, VideoCoin approaches its goal of changing the way you create, store, encode and distribute your content. We will continue to update you on our progress and thank you for your continued support.
We invite you to try out our VideoCoin Studio at https://studio.videocoin.network