Viduo joins the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium
Viduo has joined the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium (GLBC), an international group of industry stakeholders focused on enhancing the security, privacy, productivity, and interoperability of blockchain technology.
What is Viduo?
Viduo, based in Rome, Italy, is an open observatory on digital citizenship.
We focus especially on:
- Digital Democracy: we take pride in a special focus on the application of blockchain technologies.
- Data Protection and Privacy: data protection rules mean that your personal data can only be processed in certain situations and under certain conditions.
- Policymaker Engagement: we think strategically about your organization’s priorities and determine which policymakers are most important to engage.
What is the GLBC?
The Global Legal Blockchain Consortium is comprised of over 140 large companies, law firms, software companies, and universities that have joined together to develop standards to govern the use of blockchain technology in the business of law.
Specifically, the consortium is focused on:
- Data integrity and authenticity for contracts, documents, and similar data.
- Data privacy and security for contracts, documents, and communications.
- Interoperability between large corporate legal departments and law firms.
- Productivity improvements and cost savings in the operation of legal departments and law firms.
- Use of blockchain to fortify and augment existing legal technology investments adding important functionality to legacy systems to extend their useful life.