VIMworld weekly roundup — 20 February, 2022
Welcome the the weekly roundup — it’s a big one! We’ve gathered together last week’s slew of news for you to enjoy below. Read on!
Content transferred from the Discord weekly round-up. Join the VIMworld Discord channel here so you don’t miss a beat: Discord
King’s Day Hackathon VIM
This week, VIMworld announced the first ever Community VIM Producer Contest! In brief, the goal is to create a new VIM to celebrate our Dutch community with the overall winner receiving 20% of revenue from the first VIMdispenser sale, totalling up to 3,646,580 $VEED (approx $13K USD)!
To take part, participants must submit at least two, and up to five, tier progression artworks, along with accompanying character description and lore for your VIM.
A shortlist of candidates for community vote will be selected by a highly esteemed committee. Read more about this event in the medium article: https://vimworld.medium.com/89c38e33fccd, and you can sign up at https://community.vimworld.com/.
In a major reveal, VIMworld released a teaser for the upcoming NuFinetes wallet. The wallet will be both cross-platform and multi-chain compatible, and will allow easy and safe management of digital assets. NuFinetes is a significant piece in VIMworld’s cross-chain AND gaming plans, and furthermore is targeted to be the most attractive wallet for VeChain ecosystem and ultimately Ethereum and other chain users. You can follow the progress of NuFinetes at it’s own Twitter and YouTube accounts linked below.
Hacky motto competition
Hacken launched a new competition to win one of four Hacky VIMs by coming up with a great motto for him. Four Taizi are also part of the event. The winning motto will be appended to Hacky’s VIM lore section! See the link below for full details on this second chance to obtain a rare Hacky VIM, and have your motto written into VIMworld history!
Hotbit trading competition
The HotBit VEED trading competition with a 1,550,000 $VEED prize pool closed at Feb 16, 12:00am PST.
New section! Bug fixes and improvements
The weekly roundup will now, where possible, keep track of upcoming bug fixes and improvements
Bug fixes and improvements that went live this week
1. Fix bug that new wallet cannot load Dashboard on initial login
2. Fix VIMventory filter for Hungry VIMs only
3. Fix VIMventory display UI resizing issues
4. Fix bug that new user logging in must connect wallet again (with expired token)
5. Fix VIMstudy treasure icon ordering issues
6. Fix VIMventory sometimes showing server error page
7. Fix VIM market listing status updates when auction ends — various different states were wrong under different bidding conditions
Bug fixes and improvements going live next week
1. Fix VIMmarket filters on mobile when wallet is not connected
2. Update creation date format on VIMdex
3. Make sure VIMventory filters are saved when moving away and coming back to the page
4. Fix VIMventory VIM ordering until certain filters
In the community
VIMmers fed a net 5 million VEED into their VIMs this week. This amount of VEED inside the feeding contract keeps growing, now at >1.55 billion VEED.
- Trading on WhiteBit
- First deadline for King’s Day submissions: Register your intent to submit by March 7th at 11:59PM UTC
- Deadline for Hacky motto submissions: End of February 28th
Access VIMworld Now
VIMworld is a revolutionary non-fungible token (NFT) ecosystem that creates a space where entrepreneurship and play combine and thrive. At the core of VIMworld are VIMs themselves, each one unique and permanent. VIMs are Smart NFTs that will deliver an immutable system of authentication, allowing their owners to both store and build value through play whilst building meaningful connections with others.
VIMworld can be accessed through VIMworld.com using a VeChain-enabled browser such as the VeChain Sync browser or Google Chrome + Comet Extension. It is also accessible on mobile devices through the VeChainThor Mobile Wallet on iOS and Android.
For more information about VIMworld, please follow our social media channels: