20 Essential Personalization Stats for 2020
Whether you’re an agency or an exec, personalization is still the word on everyone’s lips.
Delivering a better and more engaging customer experience is a key priority for brands today. Engaging your customer and making them feel special in the first few seconds is vital for:
- Building brand loyalty
- Boosting sales
- Improving market share
So whether you’re an agency selling personalization to a client, or an executive justifying personalization technology to management, here are 20 essential statistics to help you succeed in 2020!
Did you know that:
- 94% of marketers and 90% of agencies agree that “personalization of the web experience is critical to current and future success.” (Monetate)
- 65% of customers say that personalization influences their brand loyalty. (The Drum)
- 90% of consumers aged 18–64 said they find personalization appealing, according to Epsilon. (Epsilon)
- Personalized calls to action convert 202% better than non-personalized ones. (Hubspot)
- 59% of consumers who experienced personalization say that it significantly influenced what they purchased. (Infosys)
- 37% of executives said that personalized product or content recommendations have led to increased sales and customer lifetime value. (Forbes)
- 52% of consumers would switch away from brands that don’t personalize communications. (The Drum)
- 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized. (Loyalty360)
- 16% better commercial outcomes can be expected as a result of using personalized messaging to help customers. (Gartner)
- More than 33% of executives using personalization have seen increases in their transaction frequency as a result of it. (Forbes)
- 22% of consumers are happy to share some data in return for a more personalized customer service or product. (Deloitte)
- 93% of companies experience an increase in conversion rates from personalization. (EConsultancy)
- 12% of online shoppers chose their favorite retailer because of personalized offers, showing that personalization can help to improve market share. (PwC)
- Increases of around 35% in CTR are relatively common when personalized recommendations are field-tested against simple popularity-based techniques. (International Journal of Human-Computer Studies)
- Almost 70% of consumers want companies to personalize their communications. (Accenture)
- 40% of executives surveyed by Forbes said that their customer personalization efforts have maximized sales, basket size, and profits in direct-to-consumer channels. (Forbes)
- Personalized marketing boosts customer loyalty 47% and customer satisfaction 36%. (Qualifio)
- 89% of digital businesses are investing in personalization, including Coca-Cola, Fabletics, Netflix, Sephora, USAA, and Wells Fargo. (Forrester)
- 80% of consumers are more inclined to do business with a company if it offers a personalized experience. (AdAge)
- 15% increase in profits could be achieved in 2020 by businesses using personalization tech that recognizes behavioral intent. (The Drum)
74% of executives say that less than 10% of their marketing budget is dedicated to personalization!
Let’s fix that in 2020!
9 reasons it’s time to get serious about personalization
Once upon a time, personalization meant just changing an e-mail recipient’s name. We’ve come a long way since then…