OpenLink Unleashes Virtuoso 8.3
A Uniquely Secure, Scaleable, and High-Performance Platform for Hyperdata-driven Knowledge Graphs
BURLINGTON, MA — May 14, 2019
OpenLink Software, Inc., today unveiled the latest edition of Virtuoso,
its modern multi-model database management and conceptual data virtualization platform, providing a secure, cross-platform, high-performance, massively scaleable, and cost-effective solution for hyperdata-driven knowledge graphs.
This major update delivers key innovations aimed at further simplifying data access, integration, virtualization, transformation, and management, without strict confinement to a specific database management system or modality. Virtuoso serves the purposes of a typical SQL-compliant DBMS while also satisfying all the requirements of a standards-based Graph Database.
As part of a growing effort to develop and deploy systems-of-intelligence that harness data from existing systems-of-engagement and long-term systems-of-record, enterprises are embarking upon projects aimed at cost-effective development and deployment of knowledge bases that manifest as intelligent and hyper-interactive knowledge graphs that share the access and navigational capabilities popularized by the World Wide Web.
Virtuoso 8.3 provides a unique and scaleable solution that intelligently exploits hyper-data and small-data patterns to deliver a combined solution to the perennial challenges posed by the "Five Vs" of data — Volume, Velocity, Variety, Veracity, and Vulnerability.
“This latest product update focuses on simplifying access to Virtuoso’s unique ability to expose end-users and developers alike to the magical power of data, without exposure to its intrinsic complexity,” said Kingsley Idehen, Founder & CEO of OpenLink Software.
“Hyperdata and Small Data offer new approaches to empowering both enterprises and individuals by exploiting the data representation and interaction patterns that underlie the World Wide Web — the world’s most successful data integration and virtualization platform,” he added.
- “Deceptively Simple” Knowledge Graph construction from existing Data Sources — enterprise knowledge manifests as live entity relationship graphs (data networks) constructed from hyperlinks
- Sophisticated Security for addressing vulnerability challenges posed by Knowledge Graphs — uses and exploits reasoning and inference to secure data that spans all data access entry points, i.e., HTTP, ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, OLE DB, XMLA, etc.
- Fully exploit all of Virtuoso’s features without disrupting any ongoing activities or services
- Cost-effective pricing — based on Concurrent Database Access and Logical Processor usage
- Flexible Deployment options — including on-premise, cloud, hybrid clouds
Feature Highlights in Virtuoso 8.3
- Enhanced external data integration services enable construction of Knowledge Graphs from CSV documents by way of change-sensitive attachments and/or bulk imports
- Fusion of SQL and SPARQL Query Languages brings the best of both open standards to bear on Knowledge Graph definition and manipulation
- Broadened collection of end-user tools that immediately increase productivity with out-of-the-box functionality
- Creation of Dynamic Smart Folders (a/k/a DETs) for integration of data from documents hosted by Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Box, WebDAV, LDP, IMAP4 mailboxes, and more
- Powerful content crawler for transformation and integration of content from HTTP-based networks
The Enterprise Edition of Virtuoso 8.3 is available in a wide variety of forms:
- Shrink-wrapped Installers for Linux, Windows, and macOS — from the OpenLink Download Server, optionally including free evaluation license
- Docker Container
- OpenLink Amazon EC2 AMI collection — including Pay-As-You-Go (PAGO) or Bring-Your-Own-License (BYOL) options
To help introduce these remarkable new features, OpenLink is offering a number of special and upgradeable licensing deals on Virtuoso 8.3.
Our Personal-scale license brings most enterprise-grade features to the desktop, fitting an individual’s budget and requiring no enterprise-grade administration or training.
Several Developer-scale licenses enable cost-effective experimentation and learning; prices start at $249.99, depending on the features chosen for exploration.
Extra-special, limited-time offers on Deployment-scale licenses can bring the full power and benefit of the new Release to any enterprise, at unimaginably low price levels.
You never pay twice to upgrade the scale of a license — i.e., when increasing session or processor limits — so there’s no worry about starting small now and growing later. Such upgrades are priced as the difference between then-current prices of the existing license and the new scale license.
- What is Small Data, and why is it important?
- Things You Can’t Do Without OpenLink Virtuoso
- The Business Benefits of Virtuoso
- About Virtuoso
- About OpenLink ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, and OLE-DB Data Access Drivers
About OpenLink Software
OpenLink Software is a privately held software company with offices in the USA and the United Kingdom. It has been the leading provider and technology innovator in the universal data access middleware market since 1993, and over 10,000 companies currently use its products worldwide. Follow @OpenLink on Twitter, http://twitter.com/openlink, or visit our website for more information, http://www.openlinksw.com/.
OpenLink Software, Inc.
Tel: +1 781 273 0900