Install the Vite app on your Ledger device to manage your Vite Coin (VITE) in the Vite web wallet and use ViteX decentralized exchange. The Vite app is developed and supported by Vite Labs.
At this moment, the Vite app is not on the Ledger app store because Ledger team has not yet approved our code. However, Ledger allows app installation with command line. And this article will include proper links for such installation.
Step 1: Before Starting
- You’ve set up your Ledger Nano S;
- The latest firmware is installed.
Step 2: Install the Vite App
- Follow instructions here for installation: https://ledger.readthedocs.io/en/latest/userspace/getting_started.html#building-and-loading-apps
- You will need the source code for Vite Ledger app, which lives here: https://github.com/vitelabs/ledger-app-vite
Step 3: Use Ledger Device with Vite Web Wallet
- The below steps are captured in this video: https://youtu.be/tWCRSAtNCPc
Here are the step-by-step in text:
- Open Vite Web Wallet in browser (https://x.vite.net). Select the “Ledger Device” on the top navigation bar.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer. Enter your PIN code to unlock your Ledger device. Then select the Vite app on your Ledger device.
- Choose “Open application” on your Ledger device.
- Now the screen will show “Use wallet to view accounts”. Click the “Connect to Ledger” button on the web wallet in your browser.
- Select “Use USB” in the next page. Now you will be presented with a list of available addresses on the web wallet. Choose one to use and click “Confirm”.
- For your security, make sure to click “Verify Address” on the web wallet and confirm that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the one on the popup window. Press the right button on your device to confirm the address.
Step 4: Send VITE coin through Ledger device
- Click the “On-chain Send” button for the asset that you would like to send on Vite web wallet. You’ll see a pop-up screen entitled “Send Funds”.
- Fill details of the transaction: recipient’s address, amount to be sent, comment (optional). Then click “Send Funds” button.
- You’ll see a pop-up to sign the transaction on your Ledger. Confirm on your Ledger device.
- Make sure the transaction details shown on the screen match what you want to be sent to the blockchain.
- Once you have previewed the transaction, press the right button to sign (confirm) it. You may also reject the transaction by pressing the left button. After you confirm the transaction, it will then be sent back to the web wallet in your browser, and then broadcast on the blockchain.
- You’ll also receive a confirmation pop-up on your screen. Your transfer is now confirmed and complete.
ViteX Official: https://vitex.net/
Vite Forum: https://forum.vite.net
- English: https://t.me/vite_en
- Chinese: https://t.me/vite_zh
- Russian: https://t.me/vite_russian
- Korean: https://t.me/vite_korean
- Japanese: https://t.me/vite_japanese
- Vietnamese: https://t.me/vite_vietnamese
- Thai: https://t.me/vite_thai
- Arabic: https://t.me/vite_arabic
- German: https://t.me/vite_german
- French: https://t.me/vite_french
- Turkish: https://t.me/vite_turkish
- Indonesian: https://t.me/vite_indonesian
- Spanish: https://t.me/vite_spanish
- Portuguese: https://t.me/vite_portuguese
- Malaysian: https://t.me/vite_malaysian
- Filipino: https://t.me/vite_filipino
- Bengali: https://t.me/vite_bengali
- African: https://t.me/vite_africa