Great company culture is very simple: It is when you like the way the work is done and the people you work with. At Vlinder, we are building the team we enjoy working with and do our best to design our processes in the best possible way.
Why we are here
We are economists and environmentalists, engineers, and data analysts that trust each other and enjoy working together.
We believe that most people care about the planet — we all like clean water and green grass, we enjoy the fresh air, and want our kids to grow in a healthy environment. Good people need a bit of help and encouragement to do more.
We founded Vlinder because we see engineering and technology as the modern magic that could help bridge the gap between green intention and green action. Everyone’s effort matters and if we join forces we can have an impact on a planetary scale.
Value the team
Enjoy the road
These are not just good-looking words to put on our website: The values make us a team, support our vision and shape the culture of the company. When difficult and unclear situations arise, they are the pillars that we lean on to help guide our decisions.
Let us have a closer look at how the Vlinder values work.
- We choose sustainability and impact over immediate income or result: We respect people and nature in all the decisions we make
- We set ambitious goals and set OKRs rather than KPIs
- We encourage freedom, initiative, and creativity: We look for solutions proactively and do not wait for someone else to set a task — we are CEOs of our part of Vlinder; we are free to choose the roles we like and to move between them; we are constantly looking for better ways to do things
- We welcome curiosity and learning: We are open to new ideas and people; we secure working hours to educate ourselves on what’s new in our industry and outside of it; we share information and knowledge
- We value mistakes: Mistakes are a natural part of the road, they give us important knowledge
- We are building a profitable business and high-quality products: We set high standards and clear goals and do our best to achieve results
- We choose transparency over control: We share goals and results with the team and ask for their feedback; we share our problems with the team and ask for their help
- We choose analysis and support over criticism: We analyze why results have not been achieved and look for a way to do better
- We are constantly developing better processes and approaches that are more effective and scalable
- We praise team members for their results and celebrate the company’s achievements
Value the team
- The team is key for success: We praise collaboration, openness, and support
- Our team is a unique combination of people and we respect everyone’s input: We take time to see what other team members are working at; we trust each other’s skills and respect role boundaries; in our colleagues’ work and ideas we look for advantages first; we offer help to find a better solution rather than criticize
- We value diversity of backgrounds and opinions: We develop decision-making processes to take into account various points of view and benefit from our diversity
- We put people above processes
- We carefully choose new members for the team
- We celebrate team spirit: We fairly show other team member’s input, thank them for help, praise supporting other team members
Enjoy the road
- Our values and interests matter: We are free to do what we love with whom we value, we can initiate projects and switch roles and teams
- Our health, our close ones, our mood is important: We keep the work-life balance, take sick leaves and vacations, encourage sports and healthy eating
- We communicate honestly and openly: Our processes are transparent, we give and accept feedback from the team (with care and respect)
- We are friendly and support each other: We give all the help we can and treat each other with respect
- We value diversity and treat everyone equally: Our promotions and rewards are transparent and fair
- We celebrate our own achievements and value the input of others
We are always open for collaboration with like-minded people and companies — feel free to reach out to us on social media or at email@example.com!
Vlinder means butterfly in Dutch. We believe in the butterfly effect of a small change in a connected world. Vlinder’s mission is to empower people to make a planetary impact. We reinforce high-quality climate projects with smart capital and innovation. Our goal is to enable carbon mitigation of 10 million tonnes of CO2 every month — the combined CO2 footprint of Austria, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.