How to say more in a foreign language in many fun little steps
No app will save you. You have to come in the app and practice, day by day.
If you want to speak a foreign language, it is about time to get real. No app will save you. You have to come in the app and practice, day by day.
However, it isn’t as demotivating as it may seem.
You can handle learning 10 new words every day. Can you? Yes, you can.
With the right app that offers the spaced repetition method, you will remember 10 new words a day even in the long term. That seems really doable.
And it is also not so scary to say one more word from day to day. You just have to go to the streets and practice again. Day by day, word by word.
Every time you are buying something, speak one more word in a foreign language. How do we mean it?
Say more in many and fun little steps
How? You either pretend you are a foreigner or you simply are one in the country where you live in.
- Give yourself a goal e.g. Learn two Word lists in a week.
- Choose a situation and a word you will say
- Add one more word every day from the Word lists you are learning.
Let´s look at it in even smaller steps.
Imagine you want to buy coffee in Slovakia and you don’t speak Slovak (for now).
- Learn how to say “coffee” in Slovak language (Word list “Food and Drink” in Vocabulary Miner can help)
- Go to a coffee place and say: “kávu”. Nice! Next step, next day…
- Learn how to say “please” in Slovak (Word list “Travel” in Vocabulary Miner can help)
- Go to a coffee place and say: ”Kávu, prosím!” Good job! Proceed similarly…
- “Dobrý deň, kávu, prosím!” (Good morning, coffee please!)
- “Dobrý deň, slečna. Kávu s mliekom, prosím!” (Good morning, miss. Coffee with milk, please!)
- At the end of 2 weeks, it looks pretty awesome:
“Dobrý deň, slečna! To máme dnes pekný deň! Kávu s mliekom, prosím! Nech sa Vám darí! Krásny zvyšok dňa! (Good morning, miss! It is a beautiful day today! Coffee with milk, please. I hope you will have a wonderful day!)
In two weeks of taking words to streets, you’re talking a foreign language!
…and that’s how we come up with our tagline “Say more”.
Because that’s the truth.
No matter what app you are using, you have to take each and every word or sentence to the streets and say more and more to a receptionist in a hotel, to a hot dog vendor, to a bus driver….
Not happy with your app?
Maybe it’s time to know what we call Flashcard sunk cost fallacy.
Wanna get more tips and tricks on learning languages, vocabulary apps, and a sneak-peek of the Vocabulary Miner app? Let’s #saymore to you — subscribe for news.