Chatbots or conversational interfaces as they’re also best-known, present a brand new approach for people to act with computer systems.
Google owned Dialogflow formerly known as Api.ai is a developer of human computer interaction technologies based on natural language conversations. Using Dialogflow and Bot Framework a web chat bot answering investment related queries was made.
· To learn about dialogflow its documentation was used (https://dialogflow.com/docs).
· After making example shown in docs it was time to make investment bot.
· The resource consisted of hsbc investments FAQs. (https://www.hsbc.co.in/help/faqs/investments/)
· This FAQ was feed as knowledge base to the investment app.
· Dialogflow’s knowledge base feature gets all FAQs/QNAs from url/text/html document.
· To enable knowledge base go to project settings and enable beta features.
· After all data has been collected in knowledge base , each question is created into separate intent which needs to be enabled.
· To present user with option and take input from them and answer accordingly use “follow-up intent”
· Using this feature a follow up to previous input was made.
Skype integration :
Using Microsoft bot framework and Azure platform this can be achieved. For this head over to microsoft bot framework website and create a new bot.
·Fill in details of your project and copy microsoft app id and password which need to be pasted in field on dialogflow integration page below.
·A request url is given on this above page which needs to be pasted on microsoft bot framework website.
·Once done your bot status will be shown as active.
Web chat bot:
Basic investment questions :
Build better voice apps. Get more articles & interviews from voice technology experts at voicetechpodcast.com
Mutual Fund questions :
Retirement plan related questions : In this follow up intents are used
Life insurance :