What is ZelCash + ZelCore & How To Mine ZEL on Windows + Linux
What is ZelCash $ZEL anyway?
Watch the full video review & mining guide on ZelCash + ZelCore here!
A GPU mineable platform privacy-centric cryptocurrency w/ a fully functional multi-coin light (no blockchain download) wallet — ZelCash
ZelCash was initially written off by many due to the fact it just looked like a ZenCash clone when it was created in 2018. However, as many other cryptocurrencies lost their original direction (or any real direction for that matter) such as ZenCash which has now rebranded a third time to HoriZEN, ZelCash has been steadily developing their project.
To be clear ZelCash is a code fork of Zcash, led by Miles Manley who works full-time on ZEL.. oh and he is also only 16 years old! ZelCash has very high ambitions, for example, they’re launching their own node structure which will require between $300–$3000+ USD locked up in ZEL used with a $20–$320 a month rented VPS server at current prices.
Some of the key features to note before we jump into the Windows and Linux mining guides are that ZelCash $ZEL is
- GPU mineable & ASIC-resistant
- Privacy coin with zk-SNARKs technology
- Staking through the use of ZelNodes (Masternodes)
- Multi-coin light wallet with their own 2fa (d2fa)
- Planning to build a Decentralized Exchange DEX
- Community votes how to use their funding
How To Mine ZelCash on Windows W/ Fastest Miner
Please review this VoskCoin video guide for a more in-depth tutorial.
1)Simply setup, a mining rig, which the VoskCoin YouTube channel has countless guides on.
2)Simply download the faster ZelCash miner and ZelCash ZelCore wallet here, the fastest miner for ZEL (Equihash 144_5 mining algorithm) is Gminer. AMD can mine ZEL with LOLminer however it is not efficient and your hashrate is better spent elsewhere if you are concerned with daily profitability.
3) Unzip the files, double click Zel_Mining and then Click on Nvidia Miner
4) Right-click mine_zel and input your ZelCash wallet address which will be automatically generated in the ZelCore wallet, add a worker name (optional).
5) Simply double-click the mine_zel file and your miner will begin mining ZelCash on the best ZelCash mining pool that also donates back to the ZelCash team — Beardpool — http://voskco.in/ZELpool
6) Optional — Overclocking, in the folder downloaded under->Tools — navigate to the Overclocker file. From here you can reduce your mining rigs power consumption allowing it to cost less money to run as well as increase your hashrate to mine more ZelCash. Experiment with your own graphics cards, but 75% power limit and +100 core +100 memory is always a good starting point for Nvidia. Personally, I achieve great results with +150 core clock, +500 memory clock, and a power limit of 75% mining ZelCash on Windows with my Nvidia 1070 TI graphics cards.
7) Crack a cold one because you deserve it, congratulations you’re now successfully mining ZelCash on your Windows gaming PC or mining rig! You can now watch the mining payouts roll-in to your ZelCash wallet — they’re automated with Beardpool.
How To Mine ZelCash on Linux W/ Fastest Miner
Please review this VoskCoin video guide for a more in-depth tutorial. This is a guide on using Simple Miner smOS (Linux based)
1)Simply set up, a mining rig, which the VoskCoin YouTube channel has countless guides on.
2)You’ll need an account with Simple Mining smOS, signup here. Watch the video guide for getting set up with smOS (not for this exact miner)
3)Once your mining rig and account are set up you will need to navigate to Group Config.
4)Then you will select add group and simply search Gminer or LOLminer (Nvidia/AMD) and then click select miner.
5)Once you select a miner, you’ll input a group name such as CoinMinerPool. Group description is entirely optional and then you can simply copy and paste this into your miner options — then swap out my Zel address for yours!
--algo 144_5 --pers ZelProof --server stratum.beardpool.rocks --port 1234 --user t1NNSSeJzx6DsdUWL9qR8qR8SCz4CqtBgjx.trio --pass x --api 3333
6)From there you will click Rig List and then check the box by your miners name. After selecting your miner(s) you will click Group Config from the top menu and select the group configuration you would like to apply to your miner(s).
7) Click console on the same line as the miner that you want to view, and you will be able to see the miners performance (Gminers mining information)
8)Crack a cold one because you deserve it, congratulations you’re now successfully mining ZelCash on your mining rig with smOS installed! You can now watch the mining payouts roll-in to your ZelCash wallet — they’re automated with Beardpool.
Helpful ZelCash Links!
ZelCash official website & ZelCore download — http://voskco.in/ZelSite Beardpool ZelCash mining pool — http://voskco.in/ZELpool Everything needed to mine + send + receive ZEL — http://voskco.in/ZelDLs ZelCash official block explorer — http://voskco.in/ZelXPer ZelCash official Discord server invite — http://voskco.in/ZelDisc ZelCash ZelNodes blog post/write-up — http://voskco.in/ZelNodes ZelCash network hashrate distribution — http://voskco.in/ZelHash