Alunsina is the first ever batch of new writers for Vox Populi PH. Named after the deity, Batch Alunsina is comprised of writers and creatives from different walks of life, with different writing styles and creative skills. This year, we present to you the following new members who have passed the organizations’ requirements for creative work in the group:
- Julienne Maui C. Mangawang (Literary)
- Elisha Lilith S. Aguinaldo (Literary)
- Jude Adrian Nicolas (Features)
- Henry Syjongtian III (Opinion)
- Nikki James Medina (Podcast)
Vox Populi PH is a fast-growing youth writing group based in the Philippines. We are currently looking for new writers and digital media creators from the ranks of the Filipino youth. We encourage everyone to try out. We are opening voluntary positions with benefits.
- Be part of a critical and progressive youth group in the Philippines that intends to create new spaces for expression, writing and creation, away from the powers that be. We are creators, writers and advocates from different fields.
- Gain access to educational resources that are exclusive to active contributors to the publication.
- Active contributors also gain access to Writer’s Aid, an emergency fund of the entire organization. Writers may send a request for aid in times of severe need. Writer’s Aid is disbursed immediately after approval of the request.
- Learn and grow with a group of award-winning writers and veterans of the independent publishing scene in the country.
- Many projects in the works, including the release of print copies and physical books. We are iconoclasts and trailblazers, and we intend to shake things up, one project at a time. Join us as we discover new paths in literature, digital media, and the digital humanities.
DEPARTMENTS OPEN FOR NEW CONTRIBUTORS
- Podcast & Digital Media Creations
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
1. Must able to contribute at least once a month to publication.
2. Must able to lend time in publication.
3. Must be open to revisions, if needed.
4. Must be willing to work with the team on collaborative writing projects to further hone the craft.
5. Must be able to write in English and/or Filipino.
6. Preferably from the youth sector.
PODCAST & DIGITAL MEDIA CREATIONS
Head: Jay-ar Paloma
Read the full guidelines here.
OPINION & COMMENTARIES
Head: Karl Patrick Wilfred M. Suyat and John Kenneth Bea
1. All applicants shall write an editorial with a specific topic in which is presented below:
“Press Freedom in the PH: Expressed or Reprimanded?”
2. Entries can be in English or Filipino. There is no minimum or maximum word count.
3. Plagiarism is not, and will never be allowed in the publication. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified from the application. We use professional tracking software to automatically detect plagiarized content from the internet.
4. Each entry shall be submitted online in the email address of Vox Populi PH: email@example.com, with a subject line:
Attention: Opinion Editor | Application for Opinion Writing Category
5. Please include in your email the cover letter and tell us about your writing experience.
Heads: Erika Bautista, Micah Corin Salonoy, and Carl Angelo Cagatin
What We Need:
1. We need contributors that would be committed to writing feature articles with us.
2. We need feature writers that would give us works that are outside-the-box and interesting to our target readers, which are the youth.
3. All works must be original. Plagiarism is not tolerated and such works will not be considered.
4. Attach a writing career history such as other publications (school publications, for example) that they worked and/or contributed to.
Interested individuals must submit a sample work as well as a personal essay addressing the following:
1. Reason/s for joining the publication.
2. In your opinion, what makes a good feature writer?
3. Reflect on the time your idea was challenged, how did you react to it?
4. What would you like to share with our publication?
5. Your sample work must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
Attention: Features Editor | Test Submission for Features Department.
6. Submission must be in PDF format.
Heads: Marius Carlos, Jr. and Annalyn Biagtan
Vox Populi PH welcomes literary writers of all ages, but we are especially interested in youth writers from the Philippines.
What We Need:
- Short stories
- Flash fiction
- Send one sample work, edit before sending and make sure everything is in order. Include a cover letter and tell us about your writing experience and yourself. DOCX or PDF is fine.
2. Send to: email@example.com
3. Subject line:
Attention: Literary Editor | Test Submission for Literary Department