Oculus Rift Trailer: Step Into The Rift
As some of you may know, the Oculus Rift is now available online. The Kickstarter-campaign that a few years ago was nothing but us gamer’s optimistic vision of the future, has now become af full-blown reality check. All over the world, packages are being shipped, orders are being tracked and boxes being opened with promising aspirations.
The trailer itself showcases some of the games and apps that will be made available with the Oculus Rift. To help you easier find all of the great content in the video, here’s a list with links to help you explore.
- Jaunt VR (https://www.jauntvr.com/).
- The Rose and I (http://www.penrosestudios.com/).
- Invasion! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUDZPWhiiE).
- Farlands (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zQgUgeJuHg).
- Eve Valkyrie (https://www.evevalkyrie.com/).
- Chronos (http://gunfiregames.com/chronos/).
- Airmech Command (https://carbongames.com/amc/).
- Project Cars VR (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/vr.html).
- Defense Grid 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/221540/).
- Adrift (http://store.steampowered.com/app/300060).
- Lucky’s Tale (http://www.playfulcorp.com/).
What an exciting mix of content. The media-related titles Jaunt and Oculus Video look interesting and can surely stand on their own two feet.
The games in the Oculus starter pack deserves a special mention though. From exploring the depths of space in Farlands to the magical wonderland in Lucky’s Tale and dogfights in Cosmos with Eve Valkyrie, the team behind the Rift hasn’t planned the launch to be a one-trick-pony show.
While these titles are just a handpicked selection of the apps available on the Rift, they do give us an idea of the kind of content we can expect to be first-on-shelf for the first generation of the Rift.
Oculus Rift in Bundles
Oculus has partnered up with several major hardware brands to make the acquisition of a VR-ready PC as affordable and easy as possible. If you’re looking to get your hands on a VR-ready machine, they go as low as $1499.00 and can be found here.