VueConf US 2019 was one for the books. It’s awesome to get so many Vue-minded individuals in one place to discuss where we’ve been, where we’re going, and where we can go. Over on VueMastery.com, we’ve published the VueConf US talks, which include a keynote by Evan You and insight from Core Team Members such as Chriz Fritz.
In his State of Vuenation talk, Evan You (the creator of Vue.js) spoke about the growth of Vue over the last few months and some of the exciting new things that we can look forward to.
A few highlights from Evan’s talk include:
- A new slot syntax
- Slots unification
- Advanced reactivity API
- Dynamic lifecycle hook injection
He also pointed out that
Advanced reactivity API + Dynamic lifecycle hook injection = New composition patterns 😱
Plus, he gave us a sneak peek at more 3.0 RFCs to be published soon, which he lists in his talk as well.
There’s a lot to be excited about when it comes to the release of Vue 3.0. Vue Core-Team Member Chris Fritz shared with us what he is MOST excited about. While Evan went over some new features that we can expect, Chris told us about how those may affect our code. The moral of the story was that the trends are pointing in the direction of our code being simpler yet more explicit.
Simpler: Less code, fewer concepts, fewer “footguns”
More explicit: Clear relationships, expressive code
The specific ways that our code will be affected by the new features are discussed in depth in Chris’ talk. Toward the end, he answers some questions that some of you might be wondering about.
“If I’m not already using Vue, should I wait for Vue 3.0?”
“Will Vue 3.0 support internet explorer?”
“Will Vue 3.0 break everything?”
Well, spoiler alert on that last one: Not quite. But if it’s something that you’re worried about, Chris tells you how your voice can be heard on the changes that Vue 3.0 will implement.
To get more details on the update and to learn about other Vue topics, you can watch the talks for free on VueMastery.com.
The full list of VueConf talks include:
- State of Vuenation — Evan You
- Vue.js In Practice at Optoro- Andrew Krawchyk
- Zen and The Art of Vue.js- Jen Looper
- Demystifying: The Dark Art of SFC compilation- Rahul Kadyan
- Advanced Animations With Vue.js- Krystal Campioni
- Building Desktop Applications With Vue- Natalia Tepluhina
- Dynamic CSS with Vue- Miriam E Suzanne
- The Future Of Web Animation- Sarah Drasner
- Vue 3: What I’m Most Excited About- Chris Fritz
- 9 Performance Secrets Revealed- Guillaume Chau
- Building Fast and Semantic Input Masks in Vue- Divya Sasidharan
- Back To The Vueture: Stuck in the Event Loop- Tessa
- Web Accessibility with Vue.js- Maria Lamardo
- Run Your Vue and Node App Anywhere- John Papa
- Ionic & Vue for Fast Mobile Apps- Mike Hartington
- Phenomenal Design Patterns in Vue- Jacob Schatz
Plus lightning talks!