E-commerce Advertising For Beginners
So you have decided to start an e-commerce business, or maybe you have been doing it for a while, but can’t seem to get your business going. Today, e-commerce is everywhere and it is hard to keep track of all the things you should do to make profit.
Luckily for you, we’ve done some research and here are some of the tips you should do to make your business grow.
- Use email signups for targeting- if you manage to get visitors to your page to subscribe, you can easily retarget them.
- Have a good landing page- you need to make sure your landing page is easy to understand and navigate. You don’t want to have too many call-to-action buttons because that will just confuse your potential clients/customers.
- Offer a discount code in exchange for an email address. This will get you more signups and more emails you can use to retarget.
- Promote contests and giveaways on your website and/or landing page. You want to keep your audience engaged and interested in your product/service.
- Seasonal promotions are a good way for you to increase your sales during a quiet period. Choose events that are relevant to your brand and marketing strategy and focus on what will be of interest to your target audience
- Subscribers-only discount. This is a nice way to reward those who have shared their emails with you. It shows them you appreciate them and that makes them more likely to buy.
- Send abandoned cart emails. This is a good way to get some of the reluctant-to-buy customers back and persuade them to buy the product.
- Focus on mobile-oriented traffic. Mobile usage is increasing day by day and most of the traffic and searches are now done via phones. Make sure your website and landing page are mobile-friendly.
- Invest in video advertising. People prefer videos to reading blogs. If you have a product or an app you wish to sell, make a video about it and present the product in a fun and interesting way.
- Use negative keywords, which are basically keywords that you don’t want the ad to show up for. There is a lot of research to be done for your keywords. Having good keywords with low competition is a a good way to rank high in google search. Also, you don’t want to waste money on bad keywords that are unrelated to your business or have a high competition.
We hope these 10 tips might be of use to you. However, the most important thing is that you keep trying and testing different things, because each business is different and your results will vary from one to the next.