Edith Eger, Auschwitz survivor, author of The Choice has wisdom we can all learn from…
- Our painful experiences aren’t a liability — they’re a gift. They give us perspective and meaning, an opportunity to find our unique purpose and our strength.
- We don’t know where we’re going, we don’t know what’s going to happen, but no one can take away from you what you put in your own mind.
- Survivors don’t have time to ask, “Why me?” For survivors, the only relevant question is, “What now?”
- How easily we are seduced by the fantasy that we are in control, that we were ever in control.
- Here you are in the sacred present!
- Sometimes our pain pushes us, and sometimes our hope pulls us.
- You have choices: Flight, Flee or Flow; React or Respond
- God doesn’t make junk.
- The more you suffer, the stronger you become.
- Love is not what you feel, it is what you do.
- Do a lot of listening; be a fireplace.