A reason to [SMILE]
This week we feature a community member who uses his stake pool to serve his community, Jacob Tettey. Jacob is a WADA graphic designer from Ghana who is a passionate Cardano enthusiast. He started his stake pool [SMILE] with the help of WADA. SMILE’s objective is community driven, as a result of his personal experiences with health care.
“I was always falling sick when I was little. My mum would drag me to hospitals and they weren’t affordable.”
He recently held a health insurance charity program that is focused on giving children and parents the security he never had. 390 children were registered in April and 356 were registered in March. That’s 746 children who won’t have to worry about health insurance. This is all thanks to the Cardano community. Keep up with the progress being made by this pool on Twitter and Telegram.
A Meta(data) progress message
When we launched the campaign to source funds for WADA projects last month, we never expected the love we got from the community. So we had to find a way to say thank you to our donors. What better way to say thank you than with the help of the blockchain. How were we able to achieve this? We gathered the addresses of our donors, crafted a small thank you message and sent it out to them. The reception was heartwarming. We are immensely grateful to those who were able to play a part in this journey.
- The WADA team got featured in the Africa Special that was held on 29th of April. Link We are excited about the opportunities opening up for WADA
- We are in the process of creating content to educate people about blockchain technology. Seeing that the space is a bit vague for the man on the street, our goal is to simplify the space so everyone can participate in it.
- We will be holding an informal Twitter Spaces event next Sunday at 3pm UTC. Come join us!
- WADA Cameroon: Manfo, our Technical Lead and Megan our Country Lead relocated back to Cameroon this month. Things are heating up on the ground and will be providing updates soon.
- WADA Ghana: Afia is busy acquiring office space and in country registration. Two university chapters are getting ready to launch. Details coming soon
- WADA Ivory Coast: About 100 students will be introduced to Cardano and Yoroi wallets in June. We are excited about this!
- DRC: There has been some disruption to work due to the volcanic eruption in Goma. Thankfully everyone is safe. We’ll continue to monitor the situation closely.
WADA Quote Corner
“Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apertheid, it is man-made and can be removed by actions of human beings”
Till next time,
Stay well 🖤