Help! I need my vaccine records

Washington State offers a secure and convenient online portal for vaccine records

Due to COVID-19, vaccines seem to be on everyone’s mind these days. Along with COVID-19 vaccine questions, you may also be wondering: “What vaccines have I already had? Which vaccines do I still need to get? How can I find out if my kids have all their vaccinations for school?”

Another pressing question might be, “What do I do if I lose my COVID-19 vaccination card?”

There’s good news — most of your vaccine questions can be answered easily with the help of an online portal. Washington State offers an authorized service called MyIR Mobile which allows you to safely access your and your family’s immunization records online. It’s free, it’s official, and it’s secure. Once registered, you can access all of your vaccination records — including your COVID-19 vaccine records.

What is MyIR?

MyIR (which stands for “My Immunization Records”) updates your information from healthcare records in the state’s immunization registry, called the Immunization Information System (IIS). Along with your COVID-19 vaccine record, it also maintains lifetime immunization histories for you and your family (for dependents under the age of 18). And, it allows parents and caregivers quick and convenient access to a child’s immunization status for school, sports, and childcare registrations. Washington is one of many states that’s used MyIR for years, so it’s been around for a while, and now it’s even better!

How do I register for MyIR?

To begin the process, visit to sign up for a new account. You’ll be asked to select which type of records you are looking for. Since MyIR was recently updated, you may need to register separately to access school certificates. Please note that each adult over the age 18 and older will need to create their own account. Each new account requires a unique email address (one email address cannot be used to register for multiple accounts).

Step 1: If you choose the “Auto Match” option and the system finds an exact match, MyIR will send you a verification code by either text or phone call. MyIR will then prompt you through the rest of the steps and allow you to add additional family members.

If an exact match is not found, don’t worry. It doesn’t mean your records aren’t there, it just means some more information is needed for authorization. MyIR will direct you to Step 2 for an authorization request for access. It may take longer, but it’s to keep your information safe and secure.

Step 2: Fill out an Authorization to Release Immunization Records (PDF) and check the box indicating you want to access your records online via MyIR. Then simply mail, fax, or e-mail the form to DOH at:

Washington State Immunization Information System
PO Box 47843
Olympia, WA 98504–7843
Fax: 360–236–3590


Once your signed form is received, your information will be updated in the IIS to assist you with matching to your MyIR account. If you still have errors, please send a screenshot of the error to for further assistance.

If your immunization record contains errors like an incorrect name or birthdate, please reach out to your healthcare provider to correct this information in the IIS. In addition, if your immunization record is incomplete and is missing vaccinations, please reach out to your healthcare provider or the clinic that administered your vaccination so that this information to be uploaded to the IIS.

Need help navigating the platform?

If you want to talk to someone on the phone to get help with MyIR, call the State COVID-19 Information Hotline by dialing 1–800–525–0127, then press # (language assistance is available) or call 1–833-VAX-HELP (833–829–4357), then press #.

Are there other ways to get my vaccination records?

Yes, most healthcare providers in Washington state use the Immunization Information System (or other electronic healthcare records) to store your vaccination history. You can ask your doctor or pharmacist for a complete immunization record for you or your child.

If you can’t get a complete immunization record from your doctor and you don’t want to sign up for MyIR, e-mail an Authorization to Release Immunization Records (PDF) to to request a copy of your records to be sent to you via e-mail, postal mail, or fax, at no cost. You can also mail or fax the form to the mailing address or fax number provided in Step 2. Once the request is received, you should receive the immunization record within 5–8 business days.

More information

Information in this blog changes rapidly. Sign up to be notified whenever we post new articles.

Check the state’s COVID-19 website for up-to-date and reliable info at

The COVID-19 vaccine is now available to everyone 12 and older. For more information about the vaccine, visit and use the vaccine locator tool to find an appointment. The COVID-19 vaccine is provided at no cost to you.

WA Notify can alert you if you’ve been near another user who tested positive for COVID-19. Add WA Notify to your phone today:

Answers to your questions or concerns about COVID-19 in Washington state may be found at our website. You can also contact the Department of Health call center at 1–800–525–0127 and press # from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday — Sunday and observed state holidays. Language assistance is available.



Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store