All Articles by Angus Addlesee Organised by Topic: Updated
Linked Data, Conversational AI and Computer Vision
I started writing on Medium in September 2018 as I believe knowledge should be shared and easily accessible for all. Since then I have written many articles as I really enjoy writing, getting feedback and learning from it. In this time I have also started my PhD so started to cover different topics that are of interest to different groups.
To make sure you can find my work relevant to your interests, I will keep this document updated with all my work organised by topic.
I let Medium promote some of my work but they then make them featured articles. Where they have done this I have shared the friend link as I do not want any of my work to be behind a paywall!
Without further ado, I have organised my work into the following categories:
- Linked Data
- Conversational AI
- Computer Vision
- Other Articles not on Medium (what is my research and why?)
My first ever article was a quick introduction to Linked Data and this is my most written about topic.
- Tackling Big Data Challenges with Linked Data on 5th Sep 2018
- Understanding Linked Data Formats on 10th Oct 2018
- Creating Linked Data on 31st Oct 2018
- Constructing SPARQL Queries on 16th Nov 2018
- Comparing Linked Data Triplestores on 11th Dec 2018
- Using OntoRefine to Transform Tabular Data into Linked Data on 8th Jan 2019
- Comparison of Linked Data Triplestores: Developing the Methodology on 26th Feb 2019
- Linked Data Reconciliation in GraphDB on 13th Mar 2019
- Constructing More Advanced SPARQL Queries on 22nd Apr 2019
- Comparison of Linked Data Triplestores: A New Contender on 29th May 2019
Before moving on, a quick shout out to an article by my friend Antero Duarte. I think this is a brilliant and amusing introduction to Linked Data:
- Linked Data: A Conceptual Exploration on 8th May 2019
One thing I promised Wallscope (PhD sponsor) to do during my research is to write about what I learn so expect this section to rapidly expand.
- Beginning to Replicate Natural Conversation in Real Time on 14th Apr 2019
- How Dementia Affects Conversation: Building a More Accessible Conversational AI on 21st May 2019
In later stages of my research project I will be using a lot of Computer Vision so I am writing this series from what I’ve learned from Joseph Redmon’s recorded lectures on Youtube.
- The Ancient Secrets of Computer Vision 1 by Joseph Redmon - Condensed on 23rd Apr 2019
- The Ancient Secrets of Computer Vision 2 by Joseph Redmon - Human Vision on 3rd May 2019
- The Ancient Secrets of Computer Vision 3 by Joseph Redmon - Condensed on 25th Jul 2019
Other Articles not on Medium
In this section I will post any articles that are not on Medium. These will mainly be about my research in terms of what I’m doing and why.
- Conversational AI with Angus Addlesee of Heriot-Watt on 4th Apr 2019
- Developing Conversational AI to be more Human on 7th Jun 2019