WAX Roadmap 2023
Happy New Year! Get ready for an exciting year ahead on the WAX Blockchain! 2023 is shaping up to be a big one, filled with major milestones and ambitious goals. So without further ado, let’s dive into the WAX Blockchain Roadmap for 2023!
Core WAX Blockchain Protocol
- In 2023 and beyond, we will continue funding and working with Antelope Coalition to develop Antelope stack and WAX Blockchain protocol, its upgrades, and tooling.
- Upgrade WAX Blockchain to Antelope 3.2 and continue the upgrade path as new versions are available.
- Implement USD pegging to Block Producer and Standby Rewards with Standby Rewards utilizing the OIG scoring tier system. This will ensure that operators receive enough rewards during lean times while recognizing different levels of maturity between node operators.
- Rebalance WAX Blockchain tokenomics in order to improve WAXP token utility.
- Implement Inter Blockchain Communication (IBC) protocol to allow WAX Blockchain horizontal scalability. Resource-intensive dApps will be able to run on their own side chains, offloading resources and transaction throughput off the WAX Blockchain mainnet. Additionally, IBC will allow native connectivity to other Antelope based chains.
- Launch EVM as it becomes available as part of the Antelope stack to allow developers from other blockchain ecosystems to launch their projects on WAX with minimal code changes.
- Implement upgrades enabling Antelope Instant Finality implementation, reducing WAX Blockchain finality from 3 minutes to 2 seconds. This will greatly reduce the complexity of building Web3 applications and accounting for transaction reversals due to forks.
- Implement updates to the WAX Blockchain resource model based on Antelope Scalability+ enhancements to remedy resource constraints. This will allow for WAX Blockchain to support the creation and operation of a Billion+ active accounts.
- Launch of a full redesign of Cloud Wallet with enhanced User Experience and functionality so that the WAX Blockchain ecosystem has the most secure and user-friendly wallet available.
- Launch NFT bridge to Ethereum and BNB Smart Chain for all whitelisted NFT collections on WAX. Other EVM chains will follow. This will allow content creators on WAX to easily reach audiences on other blockchain ecosystems.
- Launch Account Creation Paywall Redesign. In order to ease customer onboarding into the WAX Blockchain ecosystem, a new user will be able to create a Cloud Wallet account without the creation of a blockchain Account until the first blockchain interaction. This will allow Web3 developers to easily onboard new users, allow them to explore their Web3 offerings, and then convert them into users with blockchain accounts by either paying for that customer’s Cloud Wallet account or allowing that new user to go through a standard Cloud Wallet paywall flow.
- Launch dApp Whitelisting and Account Trust Score allowing dApps to determine the likelihood of a user account is a bot. This feature will allow dApps to better filter out automated agents.
- Launch account claiming functionality allowing Cloud Wallet users to manage their keys via Cloud Wallet browser plug-in.
- Launch social wallet features allowing users to discover projects, collaborate with each other and allow content creators to be able to better reach targeted Cloud Wallet user audiences.
- Launch multi-chain support for Ethereum and other EVM-based chains allowing existing Cloud Wallet functions to work seamlessly across other blockchain ecosystems. This will bring Cloud Wallet’s ease of use to other ecosystems and allow dApp developers on WAX to gain access to users and dApps on other chains.
- Launch Cloud Wallet native mobile client to improve user experience.
- Enhance vIRL Marketplace embeddability allowing dApp developers to quickly add marketplace functions into their Web3 applications; this will include integration with Unity SDK later in the year.
- Implement social marketplace features allowing vIRL Marketplace users to discover collections and like-minded communities. This will empower creators to reach and connect with more targeted audiences across different blockchain platforms.
- Launch multi-chain support for Ethereum and other EVM-based chains allowing vIRL Marketplace to work in a multi-chain environment. This feature, combined with Cloud Wallet NFT Bridge and multi-chain support, will allow NFT creators on WAX to reach communities further on other platforms.
Ecosystem & Tooling (2023)
- Launch integration with Custodial Service Providers to make the WAX Blockchain ecosystem more friendly to enterprises and institutions.
- Work with reporting services to ensure that the WAX ecosystem activity is accurately accounted for and reported.
- Continue development and enhancements of WAX Blockchain Explorer so that the community has the most full-featured blockchain explorer available.
- Launch Unity SDK implementing native integration with Cloud Wallet and core WAX Blockchain services, allowing game developers to focus on building games while being able to easily onboard new users, interact with smart contracts and sign transactions.
The WAX Blockchain Roadmap for 2023 is an exciting and ambitious plan that aims to further advance the platform as a leading player in the virtual asset market. From improvements to the core technology and user experience to new partnerships and projects, there is a lot to look forward to in the coming year.
We hope that we’ve provided a helpful overview of the WAX team’s plans and goals for 2023 and given you a sense of the direction that the platform is heading. As always, we encourage our community members to stay involved, engaged and to continue supporting the growth and development of the WAX Blockchain.
We can’t wait to see what the future holds for WAX in 2023 and beyond!
Join the WAX Community: