WAXP x ETH Bridge Updates!
WAXP Is Now Accessible to Everyone!
With over 22 million daily transactions (18x more daily transactions than Ethereum), the WAX Blockchain continues to level-up where user experience is concerned — making it easier to use and more accessible.
WAX prides itself on being the simplest, most straightforward and easy-to-access blockchain for all of your crypto and NFT needs.
In order to continue on this trajectory, we have added the ability for WAXP to move across blockchains like many other digital currencies, making it more accessible and easier to use than ever.
But first, it’s important to understand why this Bridge is so essential.
Why the WAXP x ETH Bridge Is Important
Any WAXP you may have on the WAX Blockchain is native to WAX itself and therefore cannot be used on Ethereum. That’s where the Bridge comes into play.
The Bridge allows you to move your existing WAXP between WAX and Ethereum networks with the click of a button — creating flexibility and providing you the freedom to choose which network you’d like to use most for storing and withdrawing your WAXP.
Additionally, ERC-20 wallets will have the means to store WAXP, further increasing accessibility to the token and providing more options for users.
How to Utilize the WAXP x ETH Bridge
If you are wishing to move your currencies around to use on either WAX or Ethereum, you will need to utilize the MetaMask Bridge in the WAX Cloud Wallet and swap your tokens there.
WAX has updated the process so that everything can be found in one spot via a drop-down menu.
The following instructions will help guide you through the process:
- Log in to your WAX Cloud Wallet
- Click on “ETH Bridge” from the left menu bar.
- If you have not already installed MetaMask, you’ll be prompted to do so. On a mobile device? You can use WalletConnect to open the MetaMask app.
- Once connected, both WAXP and ERC-20 tokens that you own will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Ethereum network to begin swapping your tokens from ERC-20 to native WAXP.
- Then, to initiate the swap, select how many of your ERC-20 tokens you want to transfer from Ethereum to WAX and click “Get WAXP (WAX)”.
- Once the swap is initiated, it may take up to 5–10 minutes to complete.
Bridging Native WAXP to ERC-20
Need to swap your WAXP back to ERC-20 tokens? The process is similar to the instructions listed above.
Follow steps 1- 4 exactly as stated (and mirror step 5).
Then on step 6, fill out the opposite field with the desired token amount to exchange and click “Get WAXP (ERC-20).”
Once the transaction has been finalized, your WAXP will be on its way in just a few minutes!
WAX aims to make this process as simple as possible, and by putting everything in one spot with a drop-down menu, we have taken another step towards that goal.
And with that, we invite you to buy, sell, trade and play in more ways. In other words… blockchain your way!