Introducing the new Waze Carpool calendar
A simpler way to schedule your rides and drives for the week ahead.
The Sunday night blues can hit a person hard with the anticipation of meetings, deadlines, and rush hour commuting. We’re hoping to make that a little easier with the new Waze Carpool calendar. Inspired by feedback from Wazers, it’s a simpler way to plan your commute for the week ahead, so scheduling carpools is one less thing to worry about.
Here’s what’s new
- Let people know when you’re driving: Set when you’re available to carpool and invite people to join you.
- See who’s going your way: Rather call shotgun? No problem. Set when you need a ride and more easily see who’s planning to drive.
- Stay on track with reminders: You can now set reminders to schedule your carpools. Choose when you’d like to be reminded and how: push notification, email or text message.
Ready to start?
Drivers — here’s how you plan a carpool:
- Set when you’re available to drive
- Invite riders to join you
- Get notified when a rider accepts
#ProTip: The more invites you send, the better your chances of filling your car and saving more gas money.
Riders — find a ride in 3 simple steps:
- Set when you want to ride
- See who’s driving & ask to join
- Get notified when a driver accepts
#ProTip: The more requests you send, the better your chances of getting a ride. Don’t worry, once a driver confirms — the rest of your requests are automatically canceled.
Update the Waze & Waze Carpool apps to see the new calendar and keep the feedback coming.
Not carpooling yet? Start here.