Waze Presents: When the World Starts Moving Again Webinar Series
A series of conversations with leaders across sectors sharing their thinking and plans for getting their communities and companies moving again.
Shopping & Dining
How will shopping and dining behavior change as the world starts moving again? Hear leaders from industry, government, and think tanks discuss: how retailers and restaurants have adapted during this time; what’s likely to continue or change as conditions evolve; what kinds of guidance and support programs are governments putting in place to help local restaurants and shops; how are governments rethinking street & curb space as the way we shop & dine has changed during the pandemic?
Date & Time: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 10 am PDT // 1 pm EDT // 7 pm CEST
- Chris Lutick, Director of Public Affairs, UPS
- Jenny O’Connell, Program Manager, National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO)
- Becca Parrish, CEO, Becca
- Daniel Shlossman, VP of Growth, Sweetgreen
Moderator: Dani Simons, Global Head of Public Partnerships, Waze
How will online and offline communities change as the world starts moving again? Hear from leaders in tech, the private sector and NGOs as they discuss:
how communities have adapted during this time; what’s likely to continue or change as restrictions are eased; which roles will communities fill in times of uncertainty; how are organizations rethinking structure and stakeholder engagement and the way we interact during the pandemic.
Date & Time: Monday, August 17, 2020 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT/6 PM BST/7 PM CES
- Jono Bacon — Leading community and collaboration strategy consultant, author, and speaker
- Lili Ben-Ami, Chairperson of the Michal Sela forum foundation. Senior lecturer of entrepreneurship, gender and education.
- Daliah Dombrowski, Waze Community manager
- Bret McVey, A Waze Communities Global Champ, Volunteer Regional and Partner Coordinator. By trade, a Lead Online Designer for a national humanitarian organization.
Recreation & Leisure
How will people spend leisure time as the world starts moving again? Hear leaders from the travel industry, government and national non-profits discuss: how are people finding ways to unwind and recreate in this anxious time; how are parks and transportation leaders accommodating the additional demands on public spaces; how will people think about travel and recreation going into the summer months in the northern hemisphere and into the holiday season later in the year?
Date & Time: July 13, 2020 10 am PDT // 1 pm EDT // 7 pm CEST
- Paula Twidale, Senior VP of Travel, AAA
- Diane Regas, President & CEO, Trust for Public Land
- Valentino Sevino, Mobility Planning Area Director, AMAT, Milan Italy
Work & Commuting
What will it look like to get people back to work when the world starts moving again? Hear from leaders in government, private sector and think tanks discuss: potential guidance governments may give employers; employer plans for office configuration and scheduling to allow employees to safely come back to work; the impacts of COVID-19 and the economic effects of shutdowns on public transit and what that will mean for commuting.
Date: May 18, 2020
Time: 12 PM EDT/9 AM PDT/5 PM BST/7 PM IST
Click here to register now
Introduction: Noam Bardin, Chief Wazer
- Robert H. Cary, PE, L.S., Chief Deputy Commissioner, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Tom Maguire, Director of Sustainable Streets, San Francisco MTA
- Steven Higashide, Director of Research, Transit Center
- Tom Harrington, Global Commute Solutions Leader, Intuit
- Katie Monroe, Partnerships, Transit
Moderator: Dani Simons, Head of Public Partnerships, Waze