10 WEB3 games you need to play before the next bull run
Why do people play games? Because it’s fun, entertaining, and can bring a sort of catharsis to the player, just like a good book or a film.
Despite the bear market, the web3 gaming industry is holding up quite well. Some tokens are growing, and there are more and more new game premieres. Projects are focused on building.
The traditional “gaming” industry is massive, and the numbers speak for themselves: there are 3.09 billion active video game players, and it’s estimated to be worth $217.06 billion in 2022. On the other hand, we have web3 gaming (with around 7 billion MCAP according to Coingecko) which many believe will slowly merge into traditional gaming with giants like Ubisoft or SEGA joining crypto.
Ready for the new opportunities to earn?
The crypto in the gaming component will bring not only lots of fun to the players, but also wealth in the form of amazing items (or tokens) in the web3 games that will prevail over this bear market.
One of our missions at GamerHash is to help gamers understand the crypto market (and AI, but more on that later 👀). This is why we’d like to give you a great overview of the most popular web3 gaming projects on the market that you should definitely take your interest in. Try them out by playing. We will start off by introducing 3 biggest games in space right now and move on to another 7 that you should definitely know.
Why would you get an airdrop by playing web3 games?
The web3 space is constantly evolving, and so are the blockchain analytics and on-chain advertising possibilities. The gaming projects on different blockchains want to attract a limited number of players who already understand crypto. How do they do it? Projects can and will target the people who are interacting with web3 gaming contracts on different networks to get their attention—there is no easier way to do it than by airdropping the tokens.
1. The Sandbox — GamerHash great ally
The Sandbox is the crowning jewel of Web3 games (almost 600M marketcap making it the biggest web3 game) and our proud partner here at GamerHash. Think of it as not just a game, but an entire universe waiting for your mark. With Web3 at its core, it’s all about giving you power. Design? Check. Ownership? Double-check. Profits from your virtual escapades? You bet. From crafting unique avatars to getting lost in virtual concerts, and enjoying the Traverse: Mars is Mine experience, The Sandbox offers a wild ride into the future of gaming. Dive in, the water’s fine!
How to start your The Sandbox adventure?
Fortunately, the process is refreshingly straightforward:
- Register your account.
- Choose your mode of sign-up, be it through a Web3 wallet, email, or Google.
- Complete the registration details.
- And voila! Dive in, explore active events, and immerse yourself in the vast Sandbox metaverse.
By the way, check out C.U.B.E on our social media 👀
2. Axie Infinity
Standing tall as the second-highest market cap, just after Sandbox. Before diving headfirst, there’s a bit to understand. Once you’ve connected your accounts, the expansive digital marketplace of Axie Infinity opens up to you. To truly start your journey, you’ll need a team of 3 Axies (and some ETH) Got ‘em? Great! Download the application and dive into the game.
Decentraland not that long ago had its modest 2D beginnings, but since then it has transformed into a sprawling 3D universe with great potential. With its roots in pixel plots, this Ethereum-fueled metaverse allows users to buy, build, and boast about their virtual real estate. Within its expanse, you’ll encounter all the wonders of the digital realm, from high-flying aircraft to your very own neighborhood tree. In many ways, Decentraland is similar to Sandbox, yet as always, the devil is in the details when you actually start going deeper into the gameplay.
Decentraland operates on two core tokens:
LAND: Not your everyday token. This NFT is your key to owning a piece of the digital pie.
MANA: Decentraland’s lifeblood, used for trading, buying, and essentially turning virtual dreams into reality.
Searching for the next top 7 holy grail of crypto gaming
The abovementioned games are the biggest and most essential web3 that you might already know. Did you know about these Web3 games? Let us know and get em’ all as Ash Ketchum would say.
4. Illuvium — is an open-world exploration, monster collector and autobattler game built on the Ethereum Blockchain, releasing on PC and Mac in 2024. Its beta 2 looks beautiful.
5. Gods Unchained — The trading card game that pays to play. Focused on true ownership of items via NFTs and led by Chris Clay — former Director of Magic: The Gathering Arena — so obviously it’s a thrilling experience.
6. Aavegothi — our GamerHash long-term partner combines all the parts we love about the blockchain & gaming world: NFTs, DeFi, and the metaverse. We could call it the metaverse’s first DeFi MMORPG. Its asset-backed NFTs (spirit forces) brought an entirely new excitement to web3 gaming.
7. Gold Fever — the idea for this game just sticks as the crypto (especially BTC) are considered digital gold. Free-to-play multiplayer game that emphasizes teamwork and strategy. Plus, the use of cryptocurrency offers real economic benefits for both gameplay and game support.
8. Big Time — It’s an MMORPG game similar to Metin, created by, among others, one of the founders of Decentraland, as well as well-known figures and the biggest WEB2 gaming companies. They’ve been building the product for over 2 years, and it looks truly impressive. $TIME token will be listed by OKX, it seems like a perfect time to try out the BETA especially since you can farm tokens by playing.
9. Legends of Elysium — is a Play-And-Earn fantasy project made as a Fusion of Card and board games. The game combines an incredible, immersive classic card game experience with the ground-breaking technology behind non-fungible tokens (NFTs) giving the players true ownership over assets they possess. They are also a GamerHash partner. Legends of Elysium - Free-To-Play Card Game.
So here is the list of the top 10 pivotal crypto games. As the gaming landscape continuously evolves, we’d like to hear your thoughts. Let us know if there are any deserving titles you believe should join this list and we’ll add them here.😉
Soon we’ll be coming back with an article about the gaming ecosystems in crypto that you should know, so stay tuned!
What would you add to this list?
Join our community! 🚀