All I need
I lived in Sofia until the age of 10. I flew once to the seaside. I will never forget that flight and how my cup was sliding on the foldable table because of the vibrations.
At the age of 10 we moved to Brussels with my family where we spent 4 years. We flew back to Sofia twice a year. I then moved to Israel for 5 years. I flew home 3 times a year. Then we moved to Mexico for 4 years, Madrid for a year and ever since I live in Bulgaria and Belgium mostly. I got addicted to travelling and I have a hard time imagining to stay in one place.
So far this year I haven’t spent more than 10 days in the same place, and regardless how I travel, here is a list of what I always have in my hand luggage (except the swiss army knife).
Starting from the top left corner:
- A pair of socks, underwear and a t-shirt. You never know if you will have the rest of your luggage arrive together with you.
- 2 pens to scribble.
- HDD WD My Passport 2TB. You can never have enough space.
- HDD Lacie rugged 500gb for a backup of my computer.
- My passport and loyalty cards.
- Swiss army knife. Some airlines still allow it in the carry on. I have had this one for more than 15 years.
- 2 iPhones. A 3gs with 32GB that carries some of my music on and a 5. I have a Bulgarian and Belgian number.
- An armband for the phone. I use it to run with the phone.
- My foldable shades. (Thanks Pheli)
- A Gopro 3. I like filming stuff from time to time.
- A pouch for all the cables. I have a couple of adaptors Ethernet to USB or to Thunderbolt. Some places don’t have wifi and Ethernet is the only way to get online.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Pain killers and vitamins.
- A tool for my skates.
- iPod shuffle. The battery lasts forever.
- Tokens for internet banking.
- Braven 650 — bluetooth wireless speaker. Has a really nice sound for its size. The battery lasts for 21 hours and you can also charge your phone with the usb port.
- Leucotape. The fastest way to temporarily fix a wound.
- My skates. I take them everywhere but sometimes the weather or other things I can’t use them which brings me to my next item.
- Running shoes. The best way to get a quick workout and discover a new place.
- My wallet.
- A notebook. Some things are much better done on paper.
- A Kindle. I carry it more than I actually read but I like having it with me.
- Last but not least my MacBook Air. This is my office. So far the best machine I have ever had. Its packed with a 2Ghz Core i7 Processor, 8GB of RAM and 500GB SSD drive. It boots in 10 seconds. Pure joy.