This is a companion post to my previous post on video marketing. Below are my essential 11 best practices for video marketing.
- Account Name: Use a brand name or, even better, relevant keywords. (I’m talking about your Youtube account name, for example.)
- Format: Upload in as high-res as you can. People are casting your vids to 50+-inch TVs nowadays!
- Titles: Make them natural-sounding, but incorporate keywords when you can. (At least be aware of the keywords people might use to search out your video content.)
- Descriptions: Begin with a link back to your site (including the “http://” part). Always, always, always do this. If you didn’t on earlier vids, go back and edit them! Describe the video briefly and using relevant language.
- Tags: Always use them, and include your top keywords. Hashtags are similarly good — use 5+ per video.
- Sharing: Share vids on your site and social media accounts.
- Linking: When linking, link to your vids using thoughtful anchor text.
- Length: For SEO purposes, shorter (3–5 minute) vids are usually fine.
- Content: Make entertaining / informative as you can. But, don’t worry overly too much about production values. Even phones are fine to shoot with. (Use landscape mode, not portrait!)
- Music: Don’t use copyrighted background music, or your vid could be silenced or removed.
- Watermark: Superimpose your site URL on vids, or include in the credits.
You Should Also Read: