Applications for the program are still open and will remain open all-year round. There are no deadlines. We will continue finding and funding new projects to expand the Web 3.0 ecosystem.
Additionally, we recently announced a new subset to our Grants Program: the Open Grants Program. Applications for the Open Grants Program are done entirely on GitHub and are conducted in a more automated and potentially faster manner. The first grant was approved in less than 24 hours. Payment is currently only made in Bitcoin and up to $30,000. Grants that are more complicated, require a higher amount, or where recipients would prefer privacy for payments should apply via the General Grants Program.
In this wave we kicked off a few teams to build bridges from Polkadot to other networks. There was also further commitment to teams making improving the experience of developers and users. This includes developer tooling, node deployment, and a further round of wallet support.
This wave has also seen the largest round of teams improving the ecosystem with new runtime modules that cut across DeFi, Gaming, Identity, Scaling and Privacy.
- Bifrost — EOS interoperable bridge (GitHub)
- Centrifuge / ChainSafe — Substrate / Ethereum Bridge (GitHub 1 GitHub 2)
- Chorus One — Grandpa light client in Tendermint (GitHub)
- Interlay — Trustless BTC-Polkadot bridge (GitLab)
Deployment and monitoring tools for nodes / validators / apps
- Entropy Labs — A toolkit for building and deploying applications with Substrate
- ETCDEV — Polkadot network crawler (GitHub)
- FlexDapps — Gantree is a full-service node infrastructure toolkit for Substrate-based blockchains (GitHub)
- Figment — DotHub: Information hub for validators and delegators (GitHub)
- Polkastats — Polkadot/Kusama network statistics (GitHub)
- Swisscom Blockchain AG — Kubernetes operator for Sentry nodes and validators deployment (GitHub)
- WEB3SCAN — Identity pallet for Polkascan (GitHub)
- Itering — Ruby Substrate API (GitHub)
- Obsidian Labs — Substrate IDE (GitHub)
- Second State — Bridging Ethereum tools and smart contracts into the Substrate ecosystem (GitHub)
- Usetech — PostgreSQL indexer and consensus insurer (GitHub)
- Lyken — Rust trait system revamp (GitHub)
New runtime modules, smart contracts and improvements
- ACALA PTE. LTD. — A decentralized stablecoin platform
- Advanca — Privacy-preserving general-purpose compute/storage layer
- Celer — Layer 2 scaling infrastructure (GitHub)
- Cryptoeconomics Lab — Substrate adapter of Plasma child chain (GitHub)
- Definex — A financial market protocol (GitHub)
- Encointer — An ecological, egalitarian and private cryptocurrency and self-sovereign identity system (GitHub)
- KILT — Substrate anonymous credentials (GitHub)
- Matter Labs — Zinc/RedShift ZK programming framework (GitHub)
- Nodle — Securely identify, certify and verify IoT devices (GitHub)
- SelfKey — SelfKey DIDs & claims as Ink! smart contracts
- Sensio.Group — Substrate modules + UI that focus on photo copyright and privacy (GitLab)
- Stake Technologies — Plasm chain + OVM implementation (GitHub)
- Supercomputing Systems — SubstraTEE extension pack (GitHub)
- Web3 Gardens — Runtime modules and UI for creating stable, well-governed communities on Substrate (GitHub)
- Xaya — Decentralized complex gaming (GitHub)
Wallets / Wallet enhancements
- Attic Lab — Multisignature wallet standardization/PSP (GitHub)
- ImToken — Mobile wallet integration
- Lunie — Web and mobile wallet (GitHub)
- Node Factory — Metamask plugin for Polkadot (GitHub)
- Papers GmbH — AirGap — Desktop (+mobile) wallet for Polkadot (GitHub)
- Stake Technologies — ECDSA for Polkadot JS (GitHub)
We continue to award grants throughout the year, so it’s never too late to apply! Take a look at our open source polkadot tech stack to get a general idea of what we are interested in funding. The best way to get your proposal accepted is to outline a great roadmap. As a gentle reminder, we recommend taking a look at the example roadmap on the grant repo. Following this example will increase your team’s chances of success.
If you have a great idea for building in our ecosystem, then check out our grants page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Get in touch
Should you have any questions about the grants process, then feel free to reach out: email@example.com.
We also have Riot channels for real-time discussions on Web3 and Polkadot: