Web3 Foundation Grants — Wave 7 Recipients
We are pleased to announce the most recent recipients of our grants program at the end of the third quarter of 2020! We’re excited by the number of talented teams working collaboratively to contribute to the Polkadot and Kusama tech stack.
We’re still looking for new projects to fund and to continue the expansion of the Web 3.0 ecosystem. See the list of previously accepted projects here.
In total we funded 20 projects in September alone, which is a new record for a single month. This is a strong sign of growth. Additionally, new funding possibilities are being added to the ecosystem, including on-chain Treasury Bounty Extensions.
Within each wave of teams there tends to be themes that link the different teams together. This time, unsurprisingly, it was DeFi, with multiple DEX projects applying and receiving funding. There was also further commitment to teams improving the experience of developers, validators and users.
- Cardinals — Threshold BLS Randomness Beacon for Substrate (GitLab)
- Halva — A toolchain for improving the experience of developing Decentralized Applications based on Substrate (GitHub)
- Stake Technologies — Hardware ECDSA for Polkadot JS (GitHub)
- sup — Command line tool for generating or upgrading a Substrate node (GitHub)
- Adoriasoft — Cosmos-SDK Parachain Development Kit Phase 2 (GitHub)
- Tesseract — Swift API (GitHub)
- Subscript — Substrate smart contract api and sdk in AssemblyScript (GitHub)
- Halva — Halva: Bootstrapping and Scaffolding (GitHub)
- enfipy — Creator: Mobile Game Framework for Substrate (GitHub)
- Subscan — Substrate explorer (GitHub)
- Permiurly — Polkassembly (GitHub)
- Shard Labs — Tip or Donate KSM Embeddable Button (GitHub)
- Cobo- Cobo Vault — (GitHub)
- Fractapp — Messenger with crypto wallet (GitHub)
- Subscan — Multi-signature Management Tool (GitHub)
New runtime modules and dapps
- Interlay — Trustless BTC-Polkadot Bridge (GitLab)
- DappForce — SubSocial Chapter 2 (GitHub)
- Zenlink — A cross-chain DEX network (GitHub)
- Equilibrium.io — All-in-one Interoperable DeFi hub. (GitHub)
- Glacier Blockchain Technology — Starks Network (GitHub)
- SubDEX — A decentralized cross-chain exchange based on AMM (GitHub)
- t3rn — A protocol for blockchain interoperability (GitHub)
- Zeropool — Private transactions on Polkadot (GitHub)
- Polkadex — A decentralized, peer-peer, cryptocurrency exchange for DeFi ecosystem in Substrate (GitHub)
- Evercity — Smart Sustainable Bond Protocol (SSB-P) (GitHub)
- Sunshine Systems — Sunshine Keybase (GitHub)
- OpenSquare Network — A blockchain based crowdsourcing and reputation platform (GitHub)
- KILT — Polimec: A Fundraising Mechanism for Projects within the Polkadot Ecosystem (GitHub)
Validator monitoring, alertering and deployment tooling
- NodeFactory — Vedran: Auto-funded public p2p infrastructure (APPI) (GitHub)
- Simply VC — P.A.N.I.C. Phase 2 (GitHub)
- Protofire — Failover mechanism for validators upgrade (GitHub)
We continue to award grants throughout the year, so it’s never too late to apply! Take a look at our open source polkadot tech stack to get a general idea of what we are interested in funding. Additionally, the builders program feedback board may contain some useful ideas for grant projects or for funding via the Treasuries. The best way to get your proposal accepted is to outline a great roadmap. As a gentle reminder, we recommend taking a look at the example roadmap on the grant repo. Following this example will increase your team’s chances of success.
If you have a great idea for building in our ecosystem, check out our grants page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the grants process, feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have Element channels for real-time discussions on Web3 and Polkadot: