As the first country in the world, the UK parliament has declared an Emergency for the Climate
Now all countries must follow! Read how you could start a climate⚠️ campaign to make your parliament declare a Climate Emergency.
We are living in a climate crisis that will spiral dangerously out of control unless we take rapid and dramatic action now. By making the declaration, we could set off a wave of action to tackle the crisis around the world.
Let’s make sure that your Parliament takes the opportunity to lead change and declare an Emergency for Climate by creating a Climate ⚠️ campaign on the WeDontHaveTime.org platform.
Once created you could share the campaign to your social network and also embed it on your blog etc. See example below (and don’t forget to press agree):
Please let us know and we will include your campaign here as well.
A climate campaign is a post in our social media network with some important features. The basic idea is this: A climate campaign is a statement about how we can solve the climate crisis or improve our environment, and this statement is sent to a recipient who is a public figure, a company, or an organization.
Everyone can agree to a climate campaign through our app or our website. When a campaign reaches a certain number of agrees, it gets upgraded to a higher level which increases the pressure being put on the recipient.
When sharing campaigns through social media, use 💚 for climate love, 💡 for climate idea, and ⚠️ for climate warning.
Resolving the climate crisis — step by step
The goal with climate campaigns is to resolve them. For climate warnings and climate ideas to be resolved, the recipient must at least have responded to it — and if there is a realistic path towards implementation of the campaign, the recipient must also show a clear intent to implement it. The different levels, described below, are all designed to put pressure on recipients in order to trigger a response or an action resolving the campaign. The authority
to resolve a campaign lies with the campaign creator or those of our users who have been trusted with moderator status.
Each new level triggers intensified outreach efforts by the We Don’t Have Time community. The levels and the community actions that they trigger may be changed, removed, customized, or complemented as we grow our community and find new ways of achieving impact.
- Level 0 = The campaign is created. No particular action taken.
- Level 1 = 100 agrees. A notification email is sent to the recipient, asking for a response and/or action.
- Level 2 = 1,000 agrees. The We Don’t Have Time organization publishes advertising about the campaign on social media. The recipient is notified of this and asked to engage with the campaign.
- Level 3 = 5,000 agrees. The advertising campaign increases in scale, and includes customized social media advertising, for instance short movies, animations, or artwork.
- Level 4 = 10,000 agrees. The We Don’t Have Time community publishes an article about the campaign, in which possible ways of resolving it are explored. The recipient is asked to respond publicly and The We Don’t Have Time community is actively seeking the media’s attention around the issue.
- Level 5 = 100,000 agrees. A campaign manager creates and executes a PR-strategy aimed at resolving the campaign.
About We Don’t Have Time
We Don’t Have Time is a social media network for everyone who wants to be a part of the solution to the climate crisis. If a large enough number of people want change, and if that energy is directed towards those in charge — change comes. But we don’t have time to wait. The social network is operated by the company WeDontHaveTime AB (publ), whose majority shareholder is the WeDontHaveTime Foundation. The Foundation’s principal purpose is to contribute to a reduced climate impact and an ecologically sustainable environment. Our headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden.
Read more and join the network at www.wedonthavetime.org