I love to travel and am always trying to find new uses for my cryptocurrency to use it as an actual currency! I realize a lot of crypto enthusiasts are investors that hodl but I love finding new ways to interact with crypto and spend it.
If we start using crypto as an actual currency instead of as an investment, I believe that we can help it become mainstream that much quicker.
Winter travel (November- April) is my favorite because it helps me to avoid staying cooped up at home during the snowy months here.
Entrepreneur.composted an article a few days ago on travel destinations that accept crypto!
If you are looking to find some work-life balance, check out these crypto-friendly travel destinations:
· Germany. In March 2018, Germany’s National Tourist Board approved Bitcoin as an acceptable form of payment. This is the 7thmost visited country in the world with the desire for culture being the highest rated reason for visiting.
· Malta. Currently accepts Bitcoin as payment in this gorgeous Southern European island country. Beautiful crystal clear water and medical tourism are the major draw for tourists.
· Japan. One of the earliest adopters of most things tech, including cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is actually considered legal tender here. There’s been a steady 6% increase annually in tourism since 2012 with the major draws being tech, food, festivals, and nightlife.
· Bermuda. Small island in the Caribbean with new government regulations that offer a welcoming attitude around crypto. A well known British island known for it’s pink sand beaches at Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay.
· Belarus. Business activities like ICOs and smart contracts are now legal in this Eastern European country. This area is most known for architecture and primeval forests.
· Gibraltar.Located just south of Spain, this British territory is welcoming of crypto. Tourists can take advantage of natural attractions, beautiful beaches, and world class entertainment options.
· Switzerland.Bitcoin is actually accepted as a payment method for utilities and the state-run railway accepts Bitcoin for tickets nationwide! Can we pay utilities with crypto in the United States yet? Home to the highest peaks of the Alps!
· Georgia. A little-known nation in Eastern Europe that has become welcoming of crypto recently. Notable wine country and 12thcentury cave monastery draw tourists.
· Singapore.Like Japan, this Southeast Asian island is very receptive to cryptocurrency and is working to bring Bitcoin under the same regulations as other forms of currency within this nation. Foodies, culture enthusiasts, and thrill seekers make up the 17.4 million annual visitors.
· Estonia. This Northern European country is considering launching their own cryptocurrency! (I think this would actually fall under digital currency rather than cryptocurrency but at least they are open to the idea?) Nightlife, rocky beaches, and diverse terrain bring in tourist dollars.
Cryptocurrency has given the world an advanced means of transferring money without the need for banks and has allowed individuals the freedom to manage their own finances again without interference or middle men.
The benefit of being able to use crypto when traveling is that you don’t have to worry so much about your wallet getting stolen out of your back pocket or finding a currency exchange to exchange your fiat!
Have you traveled using crypto?
Would you use crypto while traveling?
What else can you use crypto for in daily life?
Thanks so much for reading!