Is the $WHALE discord server new to you? Do you need some help to work it out?
There is a lot to learn, so let’s dive right in! We’ll cover:
- Overview of channels and bots,
including collecting tips and airdrops and how to withdraw
- How the wallets work
- The benefits of being in the $WHALE discord server, having a role, and how to claim a role
- How to join events and how to use the calendar and ‘Eventpings’ role
- How to join our poker freerolls
- Other Languages: the ‘Global’ role and #access-global channel
Overview of channels and bots
The discord server consists of categories, and within those categories are channels.
Here is the “Start Here” category, and the channels within:
These channels are not for conversations and are locked from typing.
- Learn about the basics of the $WHALE project in “about-us”.
- The discord rules are set out in the “rules” channel.
- Our “information” channel will help you find out what you want to know about $WHALE.
- If English is not your first language, “access-global” will grant access to our other language channels.
The channels in the “Community Hub” category are (mostly) open to typing and conversation. Use the channels according to their purpose which is given in the channel description. If you’re not sure, ask!
- The “general” channel is where most of the public chat happens. You can talk about anything related to $WHALE or crypto here, but personal advertisements are not allowed. Drop by and introduce yourself, and tell us about your NFT journey.
- In “support” you can ask for assistance from the team for any matter relating to $WHALE or about using discord, or report other users for breaches of the rules.
- “Bot-commands” is for using the bots that we have on the server. You can do things like claim your role, or find links to youtube videos, and much more.
- “Whale-splash” is a no-typing channel. Here, the role rewards are transparently shown. With a ‘hold-to-play’ role such as Whale, Shark, or Dolphin, you too could receive regular ‘whale-splashes’.
It might seem overwhelming at first, but in a short time, you’ll be effortlessly navigating through all of the channels.
Remember: if you get stuck you can ask for assistance in the #support channel.
The first bot most members like to become familiar with is “Tip.cc”.
This bot keeps track of any tips or airdrops that you might receive.
Use the #bot-commands channel to ask it for your $balances and it will tell you how much you have in your discord wallet!
You can also talk to the bot in a private Direct Message if you want to keep your $balances a secret.
Find out more about airdrops, withdrawals, and tipping here:
If you want to claim a role, you’ll need to interact with “nft42”:
Type !verify into #bot-commands and the nft42 bot will DM (Direct Message) you instructions to link your Ethereum address.
⚠ If you are attempting to !verify on a phone, you’ll need to paste the link from nft42bot into your Metamask browser.
You can also use the #bot-commands channel to call up various pieces of information.
Type !commands in the bot-commands channel and see what happens!
There are two separate cryptocurrency wallets that you’ll use at $WHALE.
- The first wallet is the discord native (centralized) wallet called “tip.cc” (discussed above).
🔹You do not need to set this up, it is automatically attached to your discord profile.
🔹This wallet collects the $WHALE rewards, tips, and airdrops given on discord.
🔹Move these into your own custody by transferring from tip.cc to your personal MetaMask or Trust wallet every month or two, or when convenient.
🔹Do not keep your $WHALE here!
🔹Use it to help maintain your role ‘hodl’ requirements and send it to this next wallet:
- The second wallet you may need to use is your personal/custodial MetaMask or Trust wallet — this one is only linked to discord when you want to claim a role.
🔹You need your $WHALE in this wallet to claim your role!
🔹The two wallets are not linked, so when you query the tip.cc bot with $balances, it will not show you the balance you have in MetaMask.
Benefits and claimable Roles
$WHALE Hold-to-Play (H2P) Role Holders enjoy the following benefits:
- Eligible for monthly $WHALE airdrops depending on the role you claim.
- Ability to vote on the management of assets within the Vault, whether that be purchases or sales. For NFTs that are sold, we will be taking 50% of the profit from that sale to purchase $WHALE from the open market to ensure we have a constant supply of $WHALE to distribute to the community in perpetuity.
- Exposure to a tremendous network of partnerships and unparalleled educational opportunities to learn about Crypto, NFTs, and Art through $WHALE FM.
- Access to Market-Strategy channels and the Market Analysts insights.
- Opportunity to interact with WhaleShark, the founder of $WHALE and one of the most, and if not, the most prominent and keyed voices shaping the NFT space today.
- Role holders have access to NFT rental for projects that support it as well as other interaction methodologies that we will be announcing in the future.
- And much more! Find our latest Recap on the Whale Community Medium account to see all the benefits our members enjoyed over the last weeks.
With $WHALE that is held in your own cryptocurrency wallet — you’ll gain access to extra channels, extra activities, and other “Hold to play” (H2P) benefits as well as role-specific air-drops of $WHALE.
You verify your $WHALE “holdings” by registering with the automated assistant (the nft42 bot), and then simply claim your “H2P” (Hold to Play) role.
You can claim one, or more, of the following:
🔹At any time you can spend/sell/move your $WHALE tokens, they are not locked.
🔹If you move your $WHALE out of your wallet and lose your role.
🔹You can get it back by simply returning $WHALE into your wallet and re-claiming.
🔹Every month, the minimum required to keep any and all of the roles increases.
This article has clear instructions on how to claim roles:
Events and the Calendar
The “LIVE EVENTS” category is the place to be when we have an event running.
#stream-text : During streams, you can type here. Keep it on-topic! Remember — when there is no stream, use #general channel.
#voice₊video : In addition to the #stream-text channel, click on “voice₊video” (still in LIVE EVENTS category) to connect to listen to the audio.
Sometimes, a speaker also has “live” next to their name — click that to watch the video!
Our upcoming events are displayed in the # whale-fm-calendar channel in the “News + Calendar” category.
Clicking the ✅check mark tells the calendar bot to remind you about the event 30 minutes before start in the #event-reminder channel.
You do not need to RSVP like this to attend events. If you are eligible to attend, you can just turn up!
Our events are also advertised on our Twitter account, which is the best place to stay informed about upcoming $WHALE programming.
It doesn’t cost you anything (it's free)! Just be sure that you are following all local laws when playing. ⚠For our role-holders only.
Watch the poker how-to video here:
1. Download UPoker for Android, iOS or Windows (https://upoker.net/)
2. Register an account.
- You will be asked for two names:
The first for your account, the second for your table name.
Please make your table name the same as your discord name.
3. Join the $WHALE Poker Club by searching for the ID number (available in the private #whale-poker channel).
4. Apply to join the Club — you’ll be accepted about 20 minutes before the next game.
5. The password is given about an hour before every game in the #whale-poker channel (remember — available to H2P members only!).
6. When you have entered the club, look for the “PVT” tab. Once you click it, the scheduled game will become visible
7. If you are removed from the club — don’t panic! Simply re-apply, and you will be accepted again
Please note: the places paid, and winnings displayed on the app are NOT reflective of the $WHALE payment structure.
For languages other than English
In the “Start Here” category, you’ll find the #access-global channel.
These unlockable channels are for our community to use if languages other than English are needed, preferred, or just more comfortable.
We have some of the more active channels moderated by our Ambassadors, please follow their directions and guidance. They will help bridge any communication gaps between the $WHALE Team and the international communities, and ensure that our #rules and the Discord TOS are adhered to.
If your language channel does not currently have an Ambassador, you may message @Adidust if there are any issues -or- to make inquiries about how to become one yourself if you would like to handle the responsibility and drive participation in that channel.
If the language that you speak is not listed, you may also request Adidust for it to be added.
To access the language channels, please react to the message by clicking the globe emoji.
🐳 WHALE COMMUNITY RESOURCES
⚫ ️Website: https://whale.me/
⚫ ️Discord: https://discord.gg/whale
⚫️ Twitter: https://twitter.com/whale_community
⚫️ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/Channel
⚫️ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/whale__community/
⚫️ Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/whalecommunity
⚫️ Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WHALE_Community
⚫️ Medium: https://medium.com/@whalecommunity
⚫️ Telegram: https://t.me/WHALE_Community