Laura González-Estéfani, Founder & CEO of TheVentureCity — From Miami to the World!
Miguel Armaza sits down with Laura González-Estéfani, Founder and CEO of TheVentureCity, a global accelerator and venture capital fund of emerging ecosystems specialized in growth with the mission to help entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Prior to TheVentureCity, Laura spent many years at Facebook, eBay, Siemens, and Ogilvy Group.
We talked about
- Laura’s career in big tech
- Her decision to leave Facebook and launch the TheVentureCity
- The challenges of building a fund and why she believes she leads the most diverse VC in the industry
- Her decision to base the company in Miami (before the Miami Twitter craze of 2020)
- Her investing and portfolio management approach
- What excites her about investing in fintech around the world
- And much much more!
Laura spent nearly nine years with Facebook in various roles supporting overall growth strategies. Laura led the Growth, Mobile & Partnerships team for Latin America, spearheading the Internet.org and connectivity initiatives from Silicon Valley and later Miami. Before Facebook, Laura held management roles at eBay, Siemens and Ogilvy Group.
Previous Episodes You May Enjoy:
For more FinTech insights, follow us below: