Become a Whirled Politics Contributor
Are you a young adult with an interest in International Affairs? At Whirled Politics, our mission is to create a media platform that showcases our opinions as the next generation of foreign policy writers and political advocates.
As long as we can remember, the U.S. has been at war in the Middle East. We are stationed in 150 countries around the world because of conflicts that happened before we were born. Our generation didn’t live through the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and many of the events that shape the opinions of our representatives and the policy coming out of Washington. History should be studied diligently, but as John McCain and the Democratic National Committee seem to forget, Russia is no longer the “Red Menace,” and the United States’ world campaign for freedom and democracy has backfired more than once. The most concerning aspect of looking through the lens of the past is that we might fail to recognize where the threat of authoritarianism lies today.
We welcome submissions from all students and young adults — even if you’re not in the United States. The wealth of information and new perspectives international contributors would bring is invaluable. Please reach out whether or not you speak perfect English.
If you have interest in world politics, history and culture, we hope you’ll join us. If you’re ready to join a community of classic liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and advocates for peace, you’ve found the right place.
Whirled Politics accepts submissions from students and recent graduates. If you have an article, let us know. Our editors are happy to work with contributors to refine and share your work.
Make sure you check out our articles for inspiration and formatting examples before applying.
When applying to write for Whirled Politics, please provide this information in the email:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form.
- Subject Line: Contributor Application
- Personal Info: Your University, Expected Graduation Year, Twitter handle, Hometown
- Blog Biography: A few interesting or relevant facts about yourself to add to a short biography along with your personal information. If you would like to adopt a pen name or have your personal info omitted for privacy purposes, please specify and your information will be kept confidential between you and Whirled Politics editors.
- 2–3 pitches for potential article topics. Please DO NOT send us already-completed works for publication.
Failure to follow application directions above will result in your application being discarded.
Please note that at this time we are not accepting high school students as contributors. You must be over 18 to contribute.
Whirled Politics does not guarantee that your application will be accepted, or that any submitted article will be published.