FIO Address: A Single Identifier for Multiple Coins
Depositing and withdrawing digital assets to/from WhiteBIT from external wallets is a lot easier now! We have integrated the FIO Protocol to make the process more convenient for our users.
FIO Protocol (FIO) is a decentralized blockchain protocol implemented to simplify the interaction between external wallets and the exchange where you trade.
FIO addresses represent a universal identifier or human-readable “wallet names”. They allow you to forget about public blockchain addresses and work with all types of coins. You can link numerous coin addresses to a single FIO address and type it in every time you want to deposit or withdraw funds.
You can register a FIO address right on our exchange for free. By doing so, you will get:
- A FIO address registered under the WhiteBIT domain.
- The ability to link wallet addresses to a FIO address on the platform.
- The possibility to untie your coin address. A new one will be automatically linked to the FIO address created on or added to WhiteBIT.
Create a FIO address & make deposits
- Go to the Balance page, select an asset and click “Deposit”.
- Select “Deposit using FIO request” and click “Register FIO address”.
3. Type in the address you want to have (must be from 3 to 64 characters, including letters, numbers or hyphen; there can’t be two identical addresses).
4. After creating an address, you can connect any asset from our exchange to it. It will allow you to deposit different assets using one FIO address. Select them in the pop-up window and click “Connect to FIO address”.
5. Enter the domain of the wallet you want to deposit from.
6. Enter the amount you want to deposit (numbers only).
7. Click “Send FIO request” and confirm it from the wallet.
Withdraw with a FIO address
- Go to the Balance page, select an asset and click “Withdrawal”.
- Enter your FIO address into the Withdrawal address field.
3. Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
4. Click “Withdrawal request”.
Create a FIO address and make deposits & withdrawals in a few clicks!