What’s 2 FA and how to set it up?
What is two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an additional level of security for accounts. It is designed to ensure that the account holder is the only person who can access it, even if someone else knows the password.
How does it work?
When you log in to your account, you will be asked to provide two types of information: a password and a 6-digit authentication code. A new authentication code is generated every 30 seconds by an authentication app(which needs to be installed on your device).
Why should I use 2FA?
To make sure that you’re the only one who has access to your account.
How to set up 2FA on WhiteBIT?
- Download Google Authenticator (or any other similar app) from Play Market or AppStore.
- Log in to your WhiteBIT account, click “Security” and scroll down to “Two-factor Authorization”.
- Open the app, click “+” and select “Scan”. Scan the barcode you see in the “Two-factor Authorization” section of the exchange or enter the code manually.
- After scanning the barcode, you will get an authentication code to enter WhiteBIT.
- When the code is generated, type it in the “2FA code” field on WhiteBIT and click “Enable”. After this, your 2FA status will be updated to “Active”.
From this moment on, you’ll have to enter not only your username and password when entering the exchange but also your 2FA code (keep in mind that a new code is generated in your authenticator app every time you enter the exchange).
What to do if the access to my 2FA code is lost?
We recommend contacting our support team immediately. You can do this via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to provide KYC data, your login, and the information about the latest deposits and withdrawals.
WhiteBIT recommends using two-factor authentication because it provides additional security for your assets. Please add 2FA to your account as soon as possible!