Eau Claire is awesome throughout the year, but the summers are on a whole other level. We teamed up with Visit Eau Claire to put together a list of 100 things to do during an Eau Claire summer. That’s right, 100. Take a look through our list and have a pen and paper handy, because you’re going to want to jot some of these down. Did we miss one of your favorite Eau Claire summer time activities? Use #UWEC or tag us @UWEauClaire and take us with you on your journey.
1. Grill out at a local park to enjoy a classic burger or brat fry
2. Satisfy frozen yogurt cravings at one of the many fro yo establishments, like Cherry Berry or Orange Leaf
3. Enjoy live music at The Plus every Wednesday this summer
4. Attend the Northern Wisconsin State Fair in July and plan outings to the local county fairs
5. Grab a drink by the fire pit and revel in a warm summer evening at The Livery
6. Step back in time and play tour-guide! Check out Timber Trails Audio Tours for a historic self-guided journey through the Chippewa Valley
7. Take advantage of the $3 Margarita specials at Bug Eyed Betty’s, offered every Monday night
8. Spend a day cooling off at the Fairfax Pool
9. Cheer on the Eau Claire Express from the Fan Deck for the ultimate spectator experience
10. Bike the Eau Claire Marathon route for a long-distance biking challenge
11. Watch Team U.S.A. compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics on a big screen at Monk’s Bar & Grill
12. Get active with some outdoor volleyball at The Depot or The Complexx
13. Participate in the 2nd Annual Dragon Boat Competition in August on Half Moon Lake
14. Join the “VolunTourism” trend and give back to the community by volunteering
15. Diversify your palate with an unwinding afternoon of wine tasting
16. Pick up a gift created by a community artist from The Local Store
17. Get artsy at places like Cheers Pablo Paint & Sip, the Fun Dye Factory or the Children’s Museum of Eau Claire
18. Grab some friends and your tube for a float down the Chippewa River, or participate in FATFAR (Frenchtown Annual Float and Regatta) this June
19. Impress your out of town guests with a Leinie’s Tour. Don’t forget to stop in the Leinie Lodge to see vintage brewing equipment!
20. Scroll through the Sculpture Tour to see installations scattered throughout downtown Eau Claire
21. Voici l’eau claire! Practice your fishing skills and get out on local waterways with Bullfrog Fish Farm
22. Exercise on the Parcourse Fitness Course at Lowes Creek Park
23. Experience the cuteness overload at the Butterfly House at the Beaver Creek Reserve
24. Discover the numerous outdoor wonder within Irvine Park
25. Put in a round at a regional course, like Axldog Acres Disc Gold Course or the course at Tower Ridge County Park
26. Listen to live music at Owen Park where free concerts are offered Tuesday and Wednesday nights
27. Learn how to play Kubb! If you’re up for the challenge, compete in the U.S. National Kubb Championship in July
28. Indulge in sodas while challenging friends to your favorite board game at the District Company
29. Go on a treasure hunt, try geocaching!
30. Star gaze at the Beaver Creek Observatory
31. Join the Chippewa Valley Finders Keeps and look for hidden gems around town
32. Browse and show local works of art at Tangled Up in Hue
33. See a live performance at the State Theatre
34. Try the beverages at Lazy Monk Brewery or the Brewing Projekt
35. Catch your favorite movie at the newly renovated Downtown Micon Cenema (popcorn optional but highly recommended)
36. Challenge your friends (or strangers) to a volleyball game at Mount Simon Park
37. Gift yourself with the ultimate diner experience; order breakfast for supper and top it off with a piece of pie!
38. Go to the library, check out a book and read in a local park (check out Wilson Park or Owen Park, just a short walk away)!
39. Watch the Ski Sprites water ski show team perform on Lake Altoona, Sunday and Wednesday evenings during the summer months
40. Immerse yourself in the history of our region at the Chippewa Valley Museum
41. Stroll through on of many community gardens, or shop floral creations at a local garden center
42. Get your zen on at High 5 yoga — take a free class offered in Phoenix Park to enjoy the great outdoors
43. Find a restaurant that you’ve never been to before (browse restaurants on VisitEauClaire.com before chowing down)!
44. Watch an outdoor movie for free on the UWEC Summer Cinema Series
45. Catch some local music during the Sounds Like Summer Series on Thursdays in Phoenix Park
46. Go roller blade to your heart’s content on the Chippewa River Trail
47. Belt it out at Open Mic Night on Tuesdays, hosted at The Plus
48. Get to know your neighbors by hosting a barbeque or bonfire. Don’t forget the s’mores supplies!
49. Make a sand castle at Lake Altoona Beach for a carefree afternoon
50. Go camping! Stay in Eau Claire or check out area campsites in Chippewa Falls
51. Venture off-road by biking the trails at Lowes Creek Park
52. Get active by participating in a local 5k race
53. Try berry picking! Try Govin’s Farm or Appledor Woods Berry Farm
54. Embrace creativity and take an art or dance class, offered at one of many locations in the Eau Claire area
55. Keep in local by shopping at Just Local Food Co-op
56. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Make some extra cash by having a Thrift Sale
57. Plant an herb garden to create summer meals of your own
58. Shop at a local ethnic grocery store and try a new recipe using the ingredients found at the store.
59. Rent a pontoon to explore Lake Wissota
60. Go roller-skating at High Roller Skating Center
61. Play paintball at Battlefield Paintball in Osseo
62. Try horseback riding at Wilderness Pursuit in Neillsville
63. Snag a photo op with Paul Bunyan and his blue ox at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp in Carson Park
64. Play some tennis on the Owen Park tennis courts
65. Attend the U.S. Chainsaw Competition in August at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp
66. Mark your calendar for the Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration, hosted at the Chippewa Valley Museum
67. Rent a canoe or kayak from EC Adventures and explore the never-ending waterways in the Chippewa Valley
68. Discover the environmental wonders of the area with a hike along the Ice Age trail
69. Buy some homegrown produce and fresh flowers at regional Farmers’ Markerts
70. See amazing art created solely with chalk at Chalkfest, hosted in July
71. Grab a group of family and friends for a beanbag toss competition at The Complexx or Sammy’s Pizza Palace & Pub
72. Channel your inner author and get involved in the Chippewa Valley Writers Guild
73. Practice your perfect swing at Dick’s Divot Driving Range
74. Go for a drive along rustic roads through the Chippewa Valley
75. Take a day trip to explore Big Falls
76. Go to Fun Dye Factory and create some tie-dyed summer apparel
77. Support local musician, like Sloslylove, at the 2nd Annual Eaux Claires Music and Arts Festival this August
78. Jet down the tube slides at Carson Park
79. Experience the ’50s by enjoying a milkshake and burger at the Classic Garage
80. Support local music — buy an album from Revival Records
81. Treat yo’self to a night in a local hotel! A room at the Metropolis gets you access to Chaos Water Park!
82. Relax and rejuvenate; enjoy a day at the spa or get a massage at Lotus Spa Eau Claire
83. Get a root beer float from LaGranders in Chippewa Falls
84. Explore the Chippewa Valley’s antique stores
85. Eat chocolate and drink wine for a meal — From The Vine features chocolate truffles and cheesecake cupcakes in addition to wine!
86. Jam out to your favorite country artists at Country Jam in July or get your rock on at Rock Fest
87. Fulfill sweet tooth cravings with an ice cream cone from Olson’s in Chippewa Falls
88. Dive in to an adventurous outing, like sky diving, to cross an item off of your bucket list
89. Go to a Burger King Car Show at a local Burger King
90. Try a cup of joe everywhere you go to see which local coffee shop is your favorite
91. Support the Pack — watch pre-season games at Dooley’s Pub
92. Sip a Blender Bonanza from Racy’s for a sweet treat
93. Eat a specialty sandwich from Nelson’s Cheese Factory and get an ice cream cone for dessert. We won’t judge
94. Watch the sun rise and set on the same day while sitting at Little Niagara
95. Take a walk around your neighborhood and pick up trash along the way to keep Eau Claire beautiful
96. Perfect your bowling skills at a local bowling alley
97. Play Bocce Ball through the UW-Eau Claire campus
98. Team up with Visit Eau Claire to join the Eau Claire Crew and experience Chippewa Valley in a fresh, new way!
99. Take a trip over 70 feet below ground to Crystal Cave, Wisconsin’s longest cave
100. Share your love for Eau Claire on social media — hashtag #CaptureEC to highlight personal photos and awesome finds in the Eau Claire area
All of those summer activities and only 3 months to experience them all?! If you think we missed something use #UWEC to share your Eau Claire adventures.
If you’re looking for a full event calendar and additional Eau Claire fun (plus additional insider information on Eau Claire), VisitEauClaire.com is the place for you!