Legal things need to know while expanding your mobile app into new markets! — Google Insights Market Finder
Research and understand the regulations you’ll encounter. In these complex areas, nothing can beat the knowledge and experience of a local expert. Consider areas including:
1. Licences and permits — do you need special permission to sell your product?
2. Taxes — should you show prices inclusive or exclusive of tax? What taxes should you pay and what tax exemptions should you know about?
3. Trademarks, patents, copyrights — do you need to apply for any of these or at least check you’re not infringing on them?
4. Data privacy — will the privacy laws allow you to collect your users’ data?
5. Age restrictions — if you sell age-restricted items, what are the verification requirements for e-commerce platforms?
6. Business insurance — think about general, product, professional, and commercial liability. What insurance is mandatory or needed to protect you?
7. Packaging and labeling — what are the restrictions or requirements?
8. Advertising — what’s allowed and what’s not?
Data: Google Market Finder