New Age metaphysics identify the aura as electromagnetic fields or the seven distinct layers of light frequency. Most witches today refer to auras as the spiritual energy surrounding one’s body, able to reveal much about the person’s spiritual state.
The Seven Layers
The seven layers are the etheric, emotional, mental, astral, etheric template, celestial, and spiritual. Each layer also connects to a chakra or energy power stations throughout the body.
1. The Etheric Layer — is the first layer that is closest to the physical body. This layer is connected to the base chakra and indicates physical health.
2. The Emotional Layer — is the layer that sits directly outside the etheric body. This layer is connected to the sacral chakra and holds all our emotions.
3. The Mental Layer — is the layer that sits directly outside the emotional body. This layer is connected to the solar plexus chakra and contains all our mental thought processes such as rules, regulations, judgment, and discipline.
4. The Astral Layer — is the layer that brings together the lower vibrations of the physical plane and the higher vibrations of the spiritual. It’s connected to the heart chakra.
5. The Etheric Template — is the layer connected to the throat chakra. This layer represents the blueprint of the physical body. This layer stores creative energy that will eventually manifest into physical reality.
6. The Celestial Layer — is the layer connected to the third eye or brow chakra and is where your spiritual connection begins and the process of enlightenment. It holds the space of our perception.
7. The Ketheric/Spiritual Layer — is the layer connected to the crown chakra and home to the higher consciousness and divinity. This layer protects all the other layers and vibrates at the highest frequency and is often seen as a brilliant white or golden light.
Layers six and seven are very difficult to see because they vibrate at rates too high for normal detection by the physical eye, but the others can be seen by those who are sensitives or connected to their psychic mind. These energy patterns are what we mean when we say aura. In art throughout history, the “halos” or “crowns” around heads are called the nimbus.
Auras can be used to divine or heal.
Some witches divine by reading auras, the layers of energy that surround all living things, while others use energy as a form of medicine called energy healing. Often referred to as Reiki practitioners or shamans.
Seeing and Feeling Auras
They can be seen, felt, or sensed around the whole body or solely around the head.
To begin seeing the aura, you have to be comfortable practicing soft-focus vision. To do this, gaze at one spot for 30–60 seconds and allow your gaze to soften. Notice those objects just outside of your direct sight to further develop your periphery vision. Eventually, a thin white band will come into view. This is the first layer of the aura. Once you’re able to view the white band, fix your gaze a little way beyond it. Eventually, colors will come into view.
Gently rub your hands together; this activates your energy. Focus your attention between the palms and see if you can sense a color to these threads of energy. An Aura will generally be 2–3 ft in an oval shape around the human body. The color of the aura reveals a person’s emotional well being as well as physical state.
Auras are the visible manifestation of energy.
Auras vibrate to different colors, sounds, and light frequencies. Auras can reveal a person’s emotional well being, health, and physical state.
Red: Energy, strength, courage
Brick red: Anger
Deep red: Sensuality
Pink: Cheerfulness, optimism
Orange: Joy, vitality, mental and physical balance
Yellow: Wisdom, creativity, spirituality
Grayish yellow: Fear
Green: Ingenuity, compassion, growth
Pale green: Healing
Grayish green: Pessimism, envy
Blue: Spiritual, idealistic, imaginative, intellectual
Grayish blue: Melancholy
Ice blue: Intellectual
Purple: Spiritual power
Using Auras in your Practice
Auras will also allow you to program crystals for healing work. It’s important to note that often, gaps and holes in the layers of an aura can lead to illness and can be healed through the use of crystals and energy moving magick with the palms of a healer.
To program a crystal:
1. Purify it and yourself using your preferred cleansing method
2. Set your intentions
3. Hold your crystal in your dominant hand
4. Envision the crystal as cleared.
Alternatively, visualize your own aura expanding and transform any negativity into light and envelope the crystal.
Next, project an image of what the crystal is meant to help with as your intention.
Stones to Use While Working with Auras
- Clear quartz is the most powerful healing stone and can often be used as a substitute for any other stone due to its qualities.
- Lapis lazuli is known as the stone for manifestation and meditation, which is wonderful for energy and aura work.
- Fluorite is a highly protective and stabilizing stone, useful for grounding and harmonizing energy.
- Moonstone instills calmness, enhances your intuition, and stabilizes your emotions.
- Black Tourmaline is a protective stone that repels and blocks negative energy. It can also aid in cleansing with the removal of negative energies. This stone is ideal for cleansing and transforming energy.
Learning to pair aura reading with energy work, meditation, breathing exercises, crystals, and visualization will further your magickal and spiritual enlightenment.
Thanks for reading witches! Stay powerful until our next article, and don’t forget to share.