How morning workouts changed my life and so will it change yours
Actually, it didn’t change my life. I’ve been doing this my entire life. And I love it. So today I want to share some benefits of it.
I’m a morning person, get up at around 5, hit the gym, arrive at the office at around 7, finish a decent amount of stuff before I really have to start working. I love this lifestyle and I want to share it with you. If you’re not a morning person, please still keep on open mind reading this article and at least give it a try. Unless you really hate working out from the bottom of your heart, which I can do nothing about, I’m pretty sure you will at least: agree it’s a great idea to work out in the morning and secretly wish you can do it as well (which is why I’m gonna share some of my secrets).
So these are the benefits of morning workouts:
1. A lot of scientific proofs that morning workouts are really good for your physical and mental health — I’m not a pro but as far as I know, morning workouts enhance your metabolism during the day, enhance focus and mental abilities, you could burn more fat and you’ll get better sleep compared to working out late.
2. Your workout routine will become more consistent — If you work out in the morning, there’s barely any excuse for skipping it. But any time later in the day, a large number of uncertainties might stop you from achieving your goal: too much work, your gang decides to hang out regardless of your workout plan, whatever deadline is coming up, had a big dinner party and don’t feel comfortable to work out, too tired after the long day… If you get your workout done early in the morning, you’re ready for whatever coming up during the day.
3. Develop self-discipline — Yes it takes a lot of self-control and commitment to make this happen, but consisting doing this enhances your self-discipline cause you force yourself every single day not to press the snooze button and get yourself out of your beloved cozy bed. What else in life can challenge your self-discipline if you got through this already?
4. Feel good about yourself — You definitely feel good after a good workout (especially with the satisfying whole body sore), you’ll also feel good about managing to do something that everyone wants to do while few people are able to make it. Snap your leg day, put the time filter on it, post it on your story and wait for the compliments or jealousy. Furthermore, you’re more likely to be more productive, not waste your time and eat healthier after the workout because you don’t want to waste all the time, effort and pain you just put into getting up so early and working out so hard.
5. You can accomplish absolutely nothing else the rest of the day and still feel accomplished — cause you run your 5k already.
After reading all this, I’m sure you can’t wait to hit the gym tomorrow morning so here’re some of my top secrets how to really make it happen:
1. Do some researches, convince yourself 6/7/8 hours (totally up to what you want to believe) of sleep is sufficient. This stops you from thinking “oh I still feel tired, maybe I should sleep for another hour, cause that’s better for my health.” when your alarm goes off.
2. Put your phone far, far away immediately after you decide to go to bed. This stops you from scrolling through all the 9GAG and Reddit posts and suddenly realizing “RIP it’s 2am already”. It also stops you from hitting snooze cause you really have to get out of bed to stop the alarm. Haha gotcha!
3. Get some cute outfits! There aren’t many people in the gym early in the morning so you’ll easily get people’s attention. Again, according to a lot of researches, the clothing we wear influences our own behaviour and the way we think and act, a concept known as “enclothed cognition”. “When you wear athletic clothing, you become more active and more likely to go to the gym and work out,” said Hajo Adam, a semi-famous researcher that I didn’t know but who cares.
4. Keep it short. Even for me, it would be a struggle if I have to fit a two-hour morning workout in my routine, but I think everyone can spare 30 minutes before going to work. Also, 30 minutes doesn’t sound that scary, it’s easier to follow while still being very effective.
No matter if your definition of morning workouts is 8am (if you don’t have to go to work early) or crazy early like 5am (which I love), as long as you do it as the first thing in the day and feel good about it, it’s worth it! Of course you don’t have to follow this routine every single day. Remember to enjoy some crazy parties on weekend and get a good long sleep till noon on the next day! You deserve it after a whole week of morning workouts!
WithAva.co is a a lingerie brand evolved from the desire of Ava to lavish women around the world affordable, comfortable, and sexy lingerie. Our flattering details and cuts, intricate and velvet-soft laces are designed to accentuate and flatter your natural beauty.
Feel instantly transformed slipping a With Ava lingerie under your work attire or simply by wearing it to bed.
We want women to feel confidence in their allure and style, without compromising comfort. Come and experience the best of both worlds With Ava.