Chapter Launch: Women in Product, Boston
By Emera Trujillo and Kathy Pham
We are excited to announce the launch of the Boston chapter of Women in Product, an international community of women builders and leaders in the tech industry. Our first chapter event was held at the office of Rachel Neasham, a Boston chapter Women in Product event organizer: Lola Travel in the Seaport district of Boston. With cervezas and tacos in hand, we joined smaller groups to discuss what it’s like to be a woman in a product role — from headaches to high-five moments, including:
- finding a role in product after an MBA,
- product roles in healthcare, as “Boston has received the most N.I.H. funding of any U.S. city for 21 consecutive years.”
- how with Wayfair, Care.com, Chewy, TripAdvisor, Zipcar, and more we have a strong B2C product community,
- start-ups, with Boston regularly topping lists for VC funding,
- and how WIP’s Boston chapter can shape upcoming events around the topics that most interest our community.
With a shared mission — to inspire, equip, and help advance women in product — it was a natural fit to join Boston Women in Product with Women in Product for the launch of the Boston chapter. Founded by Sarah Ptalis, Cait Porte, and Vanessa Ferranto, Boston Women in Product has supported women in the Boston area since 2016. Going forward, it will be the Boston chapter of Women in Product and is currently led by Derya Isler, Mallory Mahoney, Rachel Neasham, Sophia Perlman, Kathy Pham, Emera Trujillo, and Sapna Tyagi.
Ways to stay connected with us and join the community:
- Join the Boston Women in Product Meetup Group
- Join the Boston Women in Product Facebook Group
- Fill out the Boston Chapter Interest Form
- Join the International Women in Product Facebook Group
- Subscribe to the International Women in Product Newsletter
Women in Product (https://www.womenpm.org/) is a non-profit organization passionate about diversity in product management. We are a strong community of women builders and leaders in the tech industry. Our Boston chapter (https://www.meetup.com/Boston-Women-in-Product/), founded in late 2015 with guidance and sponsorship from the Boston Product Management Association (http://www.bostonproducts.org/), comes together throughout the year at Boston area events. The Women in Product community is fostered by all of us, and we appreciate everyone’s contributions to building this supportive network.