This Banana Nut Pancake recipe is a simple, nutritious and delicious way to start your morning! Baked in the oven in a cast-iron pan and made with pantry staples, it’s so easy and requires minimal preparation time. The banana’s natural sweetness and vanilla combined are enough that you don’t even need to add sugar as the recipe only requires one tablespoon. The pancake puffs up while baking, and no flipping is required. In just thirty minutes, you can prepare an impressive breakfast or brunch for your whole family to enjoy. You can serve this pancake with bacon, sausage, a dollop of Greek yogurt, whipped cream, banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup. This soft and fluffy banana pancake is filled and topped with banana goodness and sprinkled with toasted nuttiness. Pair this delightful breakfast with a coffee or tea, and you are ready to start your day!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 large pancake — 4 servings
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place an empty 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven while preparing the pancake batter.
- In a medium bowl, mash one ripe banana with a fork until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, oil and milk. Whisk together.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt and flour to create a batter. Mix the batter until all the dry ingredients’ visible streaks are gone, but some lumps will remain. Do not overmix.
- Remove skillet from the oven and coat with butter.
- Transfer batter into skillet and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes until pancake is golden and edges are browned.
- Serve immediately with sliced bananas and drizzle with maple syrup.