Medium’s New Logo: A Review
Important disclaimer: I am a copywriter and know nothing about design.
Pros of the new Medium logo
- It’s spelled correctly.
- It’s in black and white, which makes me think of newspapers.
- The font also makes me think of newspapers.
- Remember newspapers?
- The little logo avatar is the letter M, which is what the word Medium starts with. Good attention to detail.
Cons of the new Medium logo
- I hate and fear change.
- Why do claps exist? My top stories used to have 200, 300, 400 recommends. My wife was really impressed with those numbers.
- My top stories now have 200, 300, 400 claps. My wife was like “I clapped for our 3-month-old over 600 times yesterday alone.” She is not impressed with my numbers now.
- It makes sense that one recommendation is a good thing, but in what world is one clap a good thing? The only time I clap once is to get my dog to stop eating poop. It works like 20% of the time.
- Then she licks my face and I’m like “I literally saw you eat poop 3 hours ago but here I am letting you lick my face so who’s the real dummy here?”
Verdict on the new Medium logo
- Going from reccos to claps has thoroughly emasculated me.
- I am a beaten man.
- I have poop on my chin.
2 out of 5 stars.