Mar 18: Epic Games store accused of copying Steam data, Valve releases Dota 2 app, Overwatch comes home and EA unveils broadcast studio
Epic Games copying Steam user data?
Steam maker Valve has suggested that the launcher for Epic Games’ store copies Steam user data and is promising an investigation. Epic in turn claims it only does this to import Steam friends after users’ explicit permission.
Valve releases Dota Pro Circuit app
In other Valve news, the company has released a companion app for its Dota 2 Professional Circuit. The app is exclusive to the game’s Plus subscription, however. The developer has also lifted the veil on the next International’s theme slightly.
Overwatch League teams to play home games in 2020
Commissioner Nanzer of the Overwatch League, meanwhile, has shared some of the OWL’s plans for the next season. All teams are expected to host matches in their home markets in Season 3. To not further complicate things, the league will not be selling expansion slots for the year.
EA unveils broadcast studio
Publisher Electronic Arts has shown off its new dedicated esports broadcast studio. It is housed in the company’s California headquarters and will be used to host tournaments and shows related to its properties.
PUBG responds to India arrests
PUBG Corporation has released a statement in response to last week’s news of Indian law enforcement arresting people for playing its mobile game. I thought it was a little meek, but then I suppose they don’t have much of a choice.
- We already knew last year’s $1M USD Clash Royale League would be returning, but developer Supercell has now shared some details on the qualification process involved. Players who accumulate at least 20 wins in the in-game League Challenge between March 21–26 will be invited to move on to online qualifiers. Players who brave those will in turn have a shot at competing during July’s World Cyber Games Finals.
- It has also been announced that League of Legends’ Korean competition LCK will hold its Spring Split Finals on April 13th at Jamsil Indoor Stadium. The LCK proper runs until the end of this month. Update: We now have a playoff schedule as well.
Call of Duty
- Tricked bench Lukki
- kioShiMa to leave Cloud9?
- Hellraisers add oskar and lmbt, bench DeadFox
- compLexity to sign oBo?
- Gambit Esports release bondik and B1ad3
- TeamOne signs b4rtiN
- suNny and oskar officially exit mousesports
- Liposa departs Flying Penguins
- G2 and Red Bull announce racing partnership
- Method confirm roster