Mar 20: Overwatch League gaffes its way into playoffs, Rainbow Six expands revenue-sharing and MLB strikes a Rocket League deal
Overwatch League gaffes its way into playoffs
Yesterday we learned that the Overwatch League intended to settle its playoff seeding situation with both an off-screen match and a coin flip. Rumor now has it that one of the match’s participants wanted a toss instead, but then they may have rethought that decision after seeing Commissioner Nate Nanzer misread the coin flip. Let’s just stick to tiebreaker maps next time ey?
Rainbow Six expands team revenue-sharing
Ubisoft has announced that it will be expanding Rainbow Six Siege’s revenue-sharing program. This change will see 16 teams (up from 11 last year) eligible for a 30% cut from in-game item sales. All teams will have to reapply for the new phase of the program. The game’s development team has also unveiled an novel approach to friendly fire incidents.
MLB strikes Rocket League cosmetics deal
Major League Baseball has reportedly reached an agreement with Rocket League to sell cosmetics for its 30 teams in the game. The MLB Fan Pack is expected to be available starting Monday.
Over $100,000 raised for family of former CS:GO pro
As the title says, the game’s scene has put together a impressive fund raising effort for former Counter-Strike pro crazyarab’s family, after he fell victim in the Christchurch attacks last week. I don’t really want to rain on this, as it’s commendable, but let’s remember the non-gamer families as well.
- SKT and Comcast collaboration T1 Entertainment & Sports have announced their first event to be an Apex Legends Invitational. FACEIT is stepping in to help put things together for the March 30th event, which will have $25,000 USD up for grabs.
- The FIFA eNations Cup has had its groups drawn. The 20 team tournament will take place in London on April 13–14 and feature a $100,000 USD prize pool.
- The NBA 2K League has published its 2019 schedule. In addition to the regular season, three more tournaments will be held around it to offer players a chance to acquire a larger share of the $1.2M USD in prize money.
- The playoff schedule for League of Legends’ Europe Championship has also been made available. Featuring a new format, playoffs will run from March 29th through April 14.
- French television channel ES1 will be broadcasting the remaining matches of Pro Evolution Soccer competition eFootball.Pro starting March 19th until its May 19th conclusion. Since the league kicked off back in December, the channel will broadcast reruns of previous games as well.
Call of Duty
- Simp to replace JKap as eUnited starter
- Envy looking to shake things up?
- Runtime player contracts expire
- SanSheng to Newbee
- Team Root drained as Royal Never Give Up completes secondary line-up, Yoa to PSG.LGD?
League of Legends
- Invictus Gaming announce new coach